@stephie
Active 8 months, 3 weeks ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 348
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 2 months ago
I have to leave for camp soon, see ya there
what is that pfp
It is a character from a hilarious show; Loopy exposed me to it. Gravity Falls.
Sebastian
When Seb flickered his eyes open, everything blurred at the edges like in a mirage. Something – a hand? – lay on his chest.
“L – Com… Comish…” He rubbed his eye with his chubby fist.…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
WHYYY
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Thank you for everything Whaley!! This means a lot <3
Both ways work well!! Whatever makes more sense to you; I’m just throwing random ideas to help you brainstorm
Ohhhh gotcha! Thanks XD
I think what Jonas was mentioning (please correct me if I’m wrong!) is before, there was some moral grayness and room for human variation, esp…
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
If you want to show a sacrifice, I don’t think that’s inherently melodramatic 😊 It only becomes melodrama if you become blinded to story mechanics and the reader’s perspective in everything. Drama is fine as long as you can see everything from a bird’s eye view, and you seem to be a pretty practical person so far XD
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
I have to say, you are definitely improving your skills 👌
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Really?!?!
Yep!! XD
Ooh, that’s a good point!!! My thought process was just that Kaden and Sevryn didn’t realize how the oath would affect them.
Both ways work well!! Whatever makes more sense to you; I’m just throwing random ideas to help you brainstorm 😉
Question…why is this a problem?
I think what Jonas was mention…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Hehe. They might find themselves dancing generically when they wake up too.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
I knooow it’s been vague, I’m sorry 😆 Teleportation just didn’t fit for him anymore. You guys deserve an explanation if I’m going to do this any longer.
Every person has a form called a lovedream, which is an exaggerated, fantastical version of their perceived identity. Or who they want to be. For example, Hugo’s lovedream looks lik…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Well…look at my novel!
It has several dark elements, like child abuse, child neglect/abandonment, murder, evil guys running the world, hatred, prison camps, etc.
But the reason these elements are in my story is because my story is an allegory about Light and Darkness, good and evil!
I think your story is fine (unless you’re…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
The greatest enjoyment I got from the prologue was the twist from ‘we’re doing this to save the baby’ to ‘what’s this baby doing here?’ That was great.
Really?!?! That’s awesome…I guess I’m keeping it now XD XD
You should think about how strong of an allegory you want. Once you say Jesus, all readers will know this is a Christian a…
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Wow…this is a lot to think about and really helpful! Thank you!!
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it as it is, it really evokes a certain mood, and has really strong imagery.
Okay good XD
Yeah, the first line of the book is always the hardest because that’s how the readers decide whether or not to keep reading!
These three par…
-
whaley replied to the topic How dark is too dark? in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
It’s all about why the darkness is there. Top questions when reading something dark: Is this melodramatic? If so, what does that say about the writer’s reasons for including it? What practical reason does the writer have for including it, if at all?
Tbh I see no problem with big bombs in a story, I have one in my project. It’s a magic…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic NEW and IMPROVED WIP!!!!! in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
I want to help a little bit more since you appreciated my help before! 😋 So I mostly had the same thoughts as Jonas. The greatest enjoyment I got from the prologue was the twist from ‘we’re doing this to save the baby’ to ‘what’s this baby doing here?’ That was great.
I only have a couple extra notes.
Please, Jesus, save my son, he begged, ref…
-
whaley replied to the topic My Work In Progress in the forum Novel Critique Requests 2 years, 3 months ago
Aww that’s so sweet of you! 🥰 I’m honored to be called out in the acknowledgements, thank you so much!!
-
whaley changed their profile picture 2 years, 3 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Teleportation is no longer something Seb can do. I realized it isn’t true to his character, more so when he gets older. Umm since he could teleport earlier in this roleplay, we can say he was given a 24 hour teleportation ability to get to the school. 👍
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Marcel
The other boy shrugged. “I don’t care as long as I’m not there for the romance part.”
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 2 years, 3 months ago
Hey I wrote additional stuff if this helps 😛
Marcel
Before Lois could react, Marcel broke down into soft chuckles. “Nah… everyone’s a fool. Hey. If you think a romantic skyline would do the job -“
A business venture suddenly occurred to him. He positioned his body to block the other students from sight, as if selling somethi…[Read more]
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic My short story in the forum Short Story Critiques 2 years, 3 months ago
-
SLAYING SARAAAA ✨✨ replied to the topic WIP: (A.D. 60. Two friends in Ancient Rome.) Questions in the forum Historical 2 years, 3 months ago
Sorry for my never-ending questions…just trying to get some context before I share my thoughts XD XD
- Load More
