@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *taking Quinn’s hand and bowing her head courteously* “Arianwen.”
*Glances around in amused concern, slips hand into folds of long blue mantle.* “Do you suppose that man is quite all right?” *Sees Anna* “My lady! Do you live”— *stops, frowns as ferocious snarling erupts from woods. “Excuse me a moment, Quinn.” *Draws long knife from…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna, looking around but can’t see anyone: “What on…I just went to sleep and this happens?”
Scarlett: Serves you right for falling asleep right before what will probably be the largest battle of the rebellion.
“But…I’ve got to get back. I’ve got to get home. What do I have…”
You have your laser pistol.
“With five rounds. Yes, I know.”
*A…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Never mind, just realized I was supposed to be posting on the other thread. Heading over there now.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna, looking around: “What on…I just went to sleep and this happens?”
Scarlett: Serves you right for falling asleep right before what will probably be the largest battle of the rebellion.
“But…I’ve got to get back. I’ve got to get home. What do I have…”
You have your laser pistol.
“With five rounds. Yes, I know.”
*A branch cracks and Anna…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna, looking around: “What on…I just went to sleep and this happens?”
Scarlett: Serves you right for falling asleep right before what will probably be the largest battle of the rebellion.
“But…I’ve got to get back. I’ve got to get home. What do I have…”
You have your laser pistol.
“With five rounds. Yes, I know.”
*A branch cracks and Anna…[Read more] -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna: “What on…I just went to sleep and this happens?”
Scarlett: Serves you right for falling asleep right before what will probably be the largest battle of the rebellion.
“But…I’ve got to get back. I’ve got to get home. What do I have…”
You have your laser pistol.
“With five rounds. Yes, I know.”
*A branch cracks and Anna spins around, her…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *laughing* “Wait—! I… I’m sorry, sir…don’t you think… never mind.” *Stands staring after Rameaux, eyes sparkling with puzzled, laughing concern. Shakes head finally and turns to Quinn with cheerful smile.*
Arianwen: “I’m not… quite sure how I came here. Do you live here? What is this place, if I may ask? I would be glad if you…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Great!
Um… how? 😛
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic HELP!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Chronicles is a cool word that has to do with history. Could it be The Chronicles of (whatever)?
Also I looked up history in the thesaurus and came up with Yesteryear. It’s a cool word, but I’m not sure if that’s what you want. Maybe Yesterage or something. 😉 Make up a word or merge two words together to get what you want.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic HELP!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Chronicles is a cool word that has to do with history. Could it be The Chronicles of (whatever)?
I looked up history in the thesaurus and came up with Yesteryear. It’s a cool word, but I’m not sure if that’s what you want. Maybe Yesterage or something. 😉
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Perhaps the island itself can be a portal of sorts; or there’s a portal in the center of the island and the characters have to get there (is it guarded by someone or do they just have to figure out how to use it?) and use it to get home.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic HELP!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
I actually thought of that, but the problem is I start at almost the very end of the story, then go all the way back to the beginning… um, let me give some backstory.
This is basically an ‘historical’ series. The first two books are set in the eleventh age (eleven thousandth year) of my make-believe whatever-you-call-it. Then I go all the way…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
COOL!
I’m up for it. You’ll have to bear with me as I am new to this game, but I want to do this so I’m not going to let that stop me. *nods, clenches fist* I can do this. Just tell me when I do something wrong. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic HELP!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
I don’t usually scream for help, but I’ve got a problem here I can’t figure out and I was hoping you guys had some ideas.
It’s really simple.
I need a name for my series. Its current name is ‘Generations’ but that isn’t dramatic enough for me. I just need a word (I’d like to keep it a one word title if I can) that means basically the same thing…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bad heroes, messed up protagonists, and character arcs in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Hey, I like that guys. 😀
So are we outlining Walter’s whole story, or just the parts that mark key points in his development?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writing Music in the forum Music 10 years, 10 months ago
Here’s some music I’ve started listening to. There’s a whole list and I really like it. Well, I like most of what I’ve listened to so far; I can’t vouch for everything. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHP2GgxYddY&index=1&list=RDxHP2GgxYddY
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
This sounds like fun, if I can keep up. 🙂
My character is Anna West. She’s 18, a bit on the petite side, and has green eyes and dark brown hair. She is very organized, used to tight situations, has experience with fighting, guns, and information gathering. She lost part of her family in an attack two years ago. She’s a strong Christian and talks…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Write or die in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Ooooo, the boredmuse…is that meant to distract me from what I’m supposed to be doing or give me more ideas than I could possibly write?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Already I like him. 😉
I guess I should have described Arianwen. She’s probably about five feet ten inches— pretty tall for a woman, but she’s not big, just tall. Dark blue eyes, black hair, very white skin. She wears almost exclusively dark, vivid blue. And she has a pygmy dragon for a companion, but I don’t know if he’ll be popping up or not.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Café in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
You and I must have been posting at the same time, @writefury. 😀 I understand it now, I think.
So let me be the first to introduce my character. Her name is Arianwen— Anwen for short, except only I and her husband are allowed to call her that. So she’s Arianwen to you.
She’s courteous and mature outwardly, with a quick smile and a gracious…[Read more] - Load More
