@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(@Daeus. All of them at once, I suppose. Though looking back I see what I’m supposed to do. Well, I suppose I can but try to answer the riddle, though I don’t know much of the story besides what you wrote…)
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Report Ending in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
It depends; I like to see everything in the end, not just have a vague sense that someone has survived. If the book is part of a series, I like an end that culminated the main idea and yet leaves the book open for more.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna: “And I must say, I think that is enough chat and enough riddles. Now are you going to tell us how to get back into or own world or must we force our way past?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: “I know not about yourself, Count, but I would not trust the words of strangers who appeared on your doorstep asking for direction. But if you will have what little I can tell you… There was a man, in my world, whose manner was not unlike yours, though he looked nothing like you. I never knew him— he died long before my time, but I…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna: “I’m sorry, I’m lost here. I always thought the Count of Monte Cristo was umm, fictional. No offence, I hope. Unfortunately I never read the book, so…”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
*eyes dilate suddenly; Arianwen draws quick breath of astonished realization* “Or is this something we must tell you, that you yourself do not know?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(Daeus is doing his best to kill us 😛 😉 )
Arianwen: *eyes him askance* “A madman? But no, forgive me. It is ill to jest with strangers or men in earnest. And you, my lord, are certainly in earnest.” *cocks head thoughtfully* “You say you lack ‘inter-genre experience, and insinuate (do you not?) that you have come to this place to gain that…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bold and Italics in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 10 months ago
You got it! 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *folding hands calmly and taking a deep breath, regarding Count with cool, curious, distant eyes* “Do you ask this of me alone? Or does this answer that you seek apply to the worlds of my companions also? Or perhaps only to one world you are familiar with— if this is so, you ought rather to ask my lord Rameaux. He… seems to be…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Sign of the Prancing Poodle in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 10 months ago
Ha! ToStubb’s Inn. Love it! ^_^
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Report Ending in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
I’ve never read an ending like that. You’re right— it does kinda sound like cheating, but if it was well done I guess it could be pretty good. 😛
I still think I prefer both reading and writing complete ‘after stories’ just because I like details, and it would depend on the genre and style of the book, but I think an ending like that could…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bold and Italics in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 10 months ago
Oops… apparently the examples I gave got incorporated into the back-text of the post and didn’t show up. Sorry! 😛 The computer thought I was clicking the button, not giving an example of what the button would say! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bold and Italics in the forum Questions and Support 10 years, 10 months ago
And when you hit those buttons, Sarah, assuming you are talking about this site, you will get little abbreviated marks encasing the lump of text you want— — so. And — like that.
Remember to click the button again after you’re done italicizing or making bold whatever you were italicizing or making bold, also. I don’t always remember that! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *blinks in startled astonishment* “Tell you who you are?” *shakes head doubtfully* “I am no good with riddles. But some skill I do have in reading the faces of men—” *ascends steps of mansion, stops before Count and gazes with narrowed eyes into his face* “You are… innocence. Innocence I see in you— or rather innocence that was:…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Anna: “Yes, please tell. And how do we get off of this place? Because as friendly as my companions are, and as much as I enjoy mucking though swamps and fighting monsters, there is a real battle about to begin in my world and I really need to get back to it.”
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Book Marketing Webinar in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 10 months ago
Looks interesting. I signed up.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *turns a little white, but narrows eyes and lifts chin a trifle defiantly* “Indeed? Since you seem so well acquainted with this island and with our party, Count, I cannot but assume you have some purpose in… summoning us here, if indeed you did summon us. Or is this merely some… some… twisted and unwholesome game at which you play…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
Arianwen: *dubiously* “Really?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Inter-genre Island in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 10 months ago
(B-b-but-but-but I didn’t bring any poison!)
Arianwen: *sweeps suddenly past other characters and faces servant coolly* “Tell your master, whatever his name may be, that we desire speech with him.”
*servant bows* “But mademoiselle, the Count is not expecting anyone until ten o’ clock, when he dines with Monsieur Albert de Morcerf and Franz…[Read more] -
Rachel started the topic in the forum 10 years, 10 months ago
test Link: http://lillarose.biz/rachel
- Load More
