@spradlin
Active 8 years, 6 months ago- Rank: Loyal Sidekick
- Total Posts: 189
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Sarah-h huh. I guess I’ve never looked for it. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy – Yes lunch. (Which I have had now. It is actually 12:54pm) And if it was 8pm over here I’d be heading to bed. Which sounds nice cause I had a late night (got to bed at 1am) cause my sister had her engagement party. But no, I still have the whole afternoon ahead of me.
@daeus – You’ll probably find that you skim read it cause you…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Shadow Hawk, by Andre Norton. Hittite Warrior and God King by Joanne Williamson.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Lunch @bluejay! It’s 8:00 pm here! 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oops sorry @daeus. (My fingers are way toooo fast for my brain and I’m hungry for lunch so my head isn’t focused.) 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
You were right @writefury. It is the fear of long words. (Thank you Google. 🙂 ) I like your idea too @deaus
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
If that’s what it is, I definitely have it!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
YES. All of the above. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh good grief, you guys make me shudder! Where do you find these terrible tongue twisters?!?! 😛 😛 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yes! Yes! Yes! Normally I hate maths (I have a soon to be brother-in-law who can’t understand how I can dislike it) but Nat makes me wish that I had a better brain and I sometimes feel like learning Latin and Greek too. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
I have no idea what they do as I’m Australian not New Zealand. I found it in a book and loved it ever since. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
It’s a great book. It is written so well that it is interesting and yet it still has a great lot of history in it.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
By the way, this is the name of a hill in New Zealand. Have fun trying to say it –
taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu 😀 And for another interesting name, a town in France has the shortest name – Y. 😛 -
BlueJay replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – what a word! What does it mean? 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Yay!!!. I read it to my eldest sister and had to stop so many times cause I was laughing too hard. (And there was the occasional teary scene) 😛
-
Greta replied to the topic Lovely Words in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus, Yes! Doesn’t Tolkien use the word discombobulated? Or maybe I’m thinking of confusticated. 🙂
Some of my personal favorites are pseudonym (I just love that way it sounds) and hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia (I think I spelled that right…).
-
Greta replied to the topic Help with Characterization! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone! Sorry I didn’t respond sooner. 🙂
Thank you all for your advise! @writefury, I haven’t done much of anything yet…I guess I didn’t know where to start (but I did come up with the MC’s name, which is a start 🙂 ).
@hannah-krynicki, that’s a great idea! I’ll have to try that.
@kate-flournoy and @daeus, I will have to refer back…[Read more]
-
Faith Kindred and
Kate Flournoy are now friends 10 years, 8 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Oh yes! Carry on Mr. Bowditch— that’s one of my favorites as well. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Your Favorite Historical Fiction in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 8 months ago
Promise of Zion Series by Robert Elmer
The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare
Freedom’s Sword by Annie S. Swan
Carry On, Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
How They Kept the Faith by Grace Raymond
Wilderness Wife by Etta Degering - Load More
