-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Goodnight 😀 Yes, I really like it too. I think the musical takes place in 1927. Her hair is very pretty! I like the style its up in too.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Wow, that’s very pretty! And yes, it looks pretty accurate. The belt could be worn a little lower, but it’s fine where it is. I can’t see the hemline, so I can’t tell about that, but the top looks great. I’d also need to know what year or years specifically if I were to check the hemline, as you can see from the chart I showed Val…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Yep it’s in the middle of the afternoon here. Goodnight to the two of you anyway 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy Wow, that was very interesting. Thanks for introducing me to it!
@ariel-ashira It would seem so. Probably not the best idea…for me at least. 😛 @seekjustice of course won’t be going to bed for several more hours, and I think it’s daytime where Valtmy lives too, isn’t it?
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
The Singing Revolution is a rare non-violent movement against a very violent regime that actually succeeded. You can read more about it here. 🙂
Haha I know the Roaring Twenties is not exactly a decent period but I don’t think that can be said for any time in real life history. But I like the 20s and 30s as a setting for the shows I…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Do you mean the movie or the musical? I haven’t seen either, but I’ve seen clips of the movie. I can’t find pictures of the costumes worn in the musical, and if it’s in the movie I’m not sure what dress you’re talking about. Do you have a picture?
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I can’t even imagine wearing something like the things they wore 🙂
Thanks!
Oh, do you know the costume Anya wears in Paris in Anastasia? The white one? I quite like that, but you’d have to tell me whether its historically accurate 1920s costume.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy I’ve not heard of it. 😮 I know mostly American and a lot of British and a very little European history. 😛 That sounds really cool, though! I’ll have to look it up, or can you tell me more about it?
Well, but of course there were flappers! There were a lot of flappers. It’s just that the 20s are portrayed as though every single pers…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Ah… so do you like the Singing Revolution in Estonia where the people won their independence through song? 😀
Aw… no flappers? 🙁 But I do like those outfits too. I imagine those skirts and hats coupled with the music of the Jazz Age… Gives off a classy vibe. 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice Haha, yes, Gibson Girl fashion is a bit extreme. I much prefer the more sensible WWI era fashion. However, I do enjoy the Gibson Girl cartoons when I can find them. They’re very amusing.
Oh, that collage is sweet. 🙂
@valtmy No, no. I do not like the modern trend of YA fiction where the teenager saves the world just because he…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
An Australian based fantasy makes me think of Ned Kelly for some reason. Maybe you can write about him and his band of outlaws in a fantasy setting. 😂
Yes the hanboks are so pretty. I can do research and stare at the pictures all day… ☺️
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Both rebels and monarchs are heavily romanticised in fiction but recent trends have favoured the underdog. So I have a soft spot for rulers who are trying to do their best to run the country but keep getting impeded by the Standard Rebel Heroes who think they know better despite their youth and inexperience.
Um… since most of my…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@valtmy I love it 😀 I’ve had an idea for an Australian based fantasy for ages, because we have such an unique, but no one ever writes Australian fantasies. I haven’t got around to writing it yet though. I like the idea of the nomadic sea tribes one. That dress is so pretty….
@rochellaine *stares at pictures* Honestly. it looks…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@seekjustice What do you think of the pre-WWI Gibson Girl fashions? Ah, the Olympics are very interesting. And they were very different from what they are now!!
@valtmy There aren’t many monarchs that interest me greatly for some reason. I’m very fond of Lady Jane Grey and her cousin Edward, but other than that I usually prefer the people wh…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
All my story ideas tend to be fantasy/historical pieces set in Asian cultures. My WIP is based on Korea, another project is on China and I have a story idea that is based on the nomadic sea tribes in Southeast Asia. I want to come up with one for Japan too since I am prolific watcher of anime but I guess I’ll have to see how it…[Read more]
-
valtmy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
Hmm… I’m not really sure what period is my favourite because I don’t really study history all that much… Maybe the Age of Enlightenment in the 1700s? Because that period has some of the monarchs I find the most fascinating like Frederick the Great, Maria Theresa and Catherine the Great.
I also like the Prohibition era in the US…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
I have a bunch of favourite periods. I like the Roman occupation of Britain, but that doesn’t count, and the early Middle Ages (1000-1200). But as for modern historical period, I find the French Revolution and the early colonial/exploration days of Australia interesting, but probably my favourite period will always be World War 1,…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Writers' Corner #17 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 3 months ago
@rochellaine (I don’t know why, but I just tagged myself)
My favourite costume she wears is her military one, it looks really pretty, but simple and formal and I’d love a dress like that :D. And her riding habit is really nice as well. But you probably know by now that I’m all for practical and ball gowns just don’t interest me (though in my more…[Read more]
- Load More


