@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper congratulations on branching out. 😉
They’ve covered a lot… the only thing new I have to add is pretty small. You mentioned that you’re tired of writing snarky characters and want to try something different, but had no idea how to go about it…
Why do you like snarky characters in the first place? Is it because they come easy…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @kina-lamb! I don’t know if this is much help, but this is something that I like to do sometimes:
One thing that you could do is organize the overall plot like this:
- Exposition
- Conflict
- Rise of conflict 1
- Rise of conflict 2
- Rise of conflict 3Â Â Â etc…
- Climax
- Denoument
I don’t know if that would help with the kind of st…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@Kina-Lamb well, that’s pretty sound as far as I can see. 🙂 The only step I might add between the two is figuring out the theme, but I’ve not done non-fiction before, so I can’t say for certain how majorly that would figure in.
In your place, I would just ask myself, What lesson does this story teach me? To have courage? To persevere? To be kind…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer I understand… It’s just that we goof off and chat on the Writer’s Corner, too! XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Okay, I’m back.
First of all, I really like what everyone’s said so far.
I’ve never heard anyone else articulate the way I develop characters, but I think we all do it without noticing it. My big focus, at least for step one, is to hone in on the feel of a character.
You know how when a person comes to mind you get this certain…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb started the topic Story Order in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi y’all!
I’ve got a question for you:
In what order do you write your stories?
Figure out the plot then start writing it? Or is there another step?
As some of you may know, my WIP is a children’s book about my great-grandpa’s story in the Armenian genocide. Grandpa was just here so we sat down, pulled out the manuscripts great-grandpa left…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Well, it isn’t easy. I try to write down story ideas whenever I get them so that when I’m done with one novel I can have a basic idea of what the next one’s going to be about.
But, obviously, you want a plot now. Well, I do have one suggestion. One of the best sources of inspiration for me is to read other novels. I don’t just…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic Lack of Plot in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey Kapeefers!
I’m stuck.
Not that Chosen One’s get stuck or anything… 😉
Anyway, recently I’ve decided to major things. One is that I’m taking a break from one story until I’m way older cause then it will be way better than it would be if I wrote it now (there are more reason for that, but it is what it is.) Two, is that I’m annoyed with…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer I think there are two reasons to know your target audience.
First, so you don’t write the wrong book. For instance, if I know I want to write for seminal-Christians aged 30-45 who are in the military, that will keep me from writing a children’s fairy tale. Knowing your target audience also helps you maintain a core unity between all…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks, @audrey-caylin!
@anyone-else-still-here I’m signing off; I’ll still be around the Kingdom, but I’m taking a break from writing.
Nice to meet you, Audrey!
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking I knew you’d like the Wingfeather Saga reference!! I’m dropping in other references to other books, too. 🙂
By the way, what does N.C. stand for?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, It’s exactly like that! Alright, I already have a lot of characters, so I think you’ll be a minor, if that okay. 🙂 Here’s a link:
-
Joy and
Audrey Caylin are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin *inspiration gears turning* Man, you would’ve fitted in perfectly in my KPA (KeePer Adventure)! Maybe I could give you a cameo apparence…
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@sam-kowal See you later! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin Yeah, I’m glad to be not evil, but I must warn you that I’m a bit impulsive, so if I get too excited… let’s just say it might result in an inadvertent slash. Luckily I’ve learned to do most of my “raving” in private. Sometimes it does result in claw marks on the walls, though. 😛
*beams* You sound a bit like the Florid Sword…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@audrey-caylin Umm… That’s a long story! Basically I was born an evil monster. But somebody (I don’t know who) rescued me and took me out of the chasms. And then I just got less and less evil.
So yeah, I’m an ex-evil, Tarnaran, “Red Chasm beast,” as they call it. *shrug* 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Bye, @dragon-snapper! 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@everyone-here I’m out now guys! I accumulated a lot of ideas. Probably going to write a children’s book next. 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hello, @audrey-caylin! I don’t think we’ve met yet… Nice to meet you! *shakes hands, trying not to dig claws into yours*
- Load More
