@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel
*sees list* … I didn’t think it was that long… I did put some good things…
…
Oh! And I can’t faint. I tried. My brain always tricks me into not fainting. Yeah. I held my breath cause I wanted to faint. But my brain didn’t listen. *shrug* -
Catwing replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel I have returned!!! My weaknesses? Here’s a few… Things.
Knows when not to speak, but not always when to speak.Doesn’t always plan ahead or outline. Scratch that. Hardly plans or outlines.
A lot of things she ‘plans’ are random on the spot.
She puts her characters in an underwater prison and decides they must escape with paper clips,…[Read more]
-
Joy and
EpicAddie2 are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Ben Powell replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Ah, now it works!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
I remember the Magic Tree House books! And…
- the Boxcar Children series
- the Sugar Creek Gang series
- the Guardians of Ga’hoole series by Kathryn Lasky. (She’s the only author I remember) 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper , Funny you should ask. I think it’s fine (and sometimes best.) My current WIP has two villains, and then three at the end! 😀
In short, I have two villains who are allies and are both fighting the good guys, but then one villain betrays the other, and they start fighting each other. So the good guys think they’re safe, but the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper YAS. THE MORE VILLAINS THE BETTER.
*coughs* Okay, maybe not always… but personally, since I write sprawlingly epic books with dozens of thematic threads and plotlines apiece, I usually have at least two villains. One is usually the head bad guy, but giving him an evil sidekick doesn’t hurt.
-
Joy started the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
What were y’all’s favorite books to read as kids? Mine were…
- Happy Hollister series by Jerry West
- Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne
- Horrible Harry series by Suzy Kline
- American Girl series by Valerie Tripp (my favorite girl was Molly)
What about you guys? 🙂
@dragon-snapper @daughteroftheking @inkling-for-christ @sam-kow…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@daughteroftheking @ingridrd @alia Thank you all! She appreciates it! 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Sure, though you shouldn’t just stick two stories in one book. The two villains need to have the same goal or attack the same weakness in the protagonist or do anything else that keeps the story coherent.
-
NC Stokes and
Alia are now friends 8 years, 10 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the input guys! 😀
@kate-flournoy @daeus I tagged Kate because I knew she wrote fantasy…I just didn’t stop to consider how long the fantasy was. 😉 My mistake. Haha.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Tagses!
@daeus @kate-flournoy (Am I allowed to ask you on this one? 😉 ) @sam-kowal @shannon @emily @daughteroftheking @supermonkey42 @ingridrd @andeverone else
-
Snapper started the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Heya Kapeefers. This week seems to be the Snapper Invents Topics week.
Another question:
Can you have two villains? It kinda makes the plotline a little weird I know, but can you have, say, for the first half of a book there be one villain and the other half another villain? Or does that really just mess things up?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic FEEDBACK HELP NEEDED! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hey, @inkling-for-christ . Your google docs link doesn’t appear to be working. It said I didn’t have permission to access the file. Just letting you know. 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper I am also the wrong person to ask about this, (never mind that you didn’t ask me specifically. You get my advice anyway. Isn’t that great? 😉 ) because my goal flips between 80,000 and 40,000 depending on the day.
It’s 40,000 right now. Take note, there will be a quiz on this later. xD
I would say don’t worry about it too much…[Read more]
-
Ingrid replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Praying hard. ❤️
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel :'( I’ll keep praying for her!!
-
Joy replied to the topic Does it Have to be Long? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper Personally, I don’t think it really matters how long it is! The only limit here is your imagination, and, for what it’s worth, I doubt that your imagination could be an impediment to you 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@epicaddie2Â Praying for your cousin! <3
@ingridrd @salome01w4g @daughteroftheking @alia @everyone
I mentioned earlier about my Spanish teacher’s mom’s death. Well today in class she broke down and told us how fearful and anxious she has been as a result. She knows God is there, and she knows He can give peace, but there is something insi…[Read more]
- Load More
