@salome01w4g
Active 4 years, 1 month ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@alia It’s going okay. It’s hard not to overuse verbs of being though! My teacher found billions! Personally I don’t find much wrong with verbs of being, but…. *shrug* 🙂
I love it when characters do that! It’s a good change! 😀
-
Catwing replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 Oh they are called droids , aren’t they? They are! I forgot and thought they were called “drones!” Alright, I’ll do that! Thanks!
@alia Thank you! What! You don’t like Harry Potter??
-
Catwing replied to the topic Help! I don't understand my characters! in the forum Characters 8 years, 10 months ago
@shannon Maybe I need to do a character quiz thingie too. But what I did to meet my characters (since some refused to talk to me.) is write a random scene that just seems fun to write. I try to get a feel for the character and how they act (and look sometimes). Sometimes it’s a tense scene for them or it may be a fun scene. It depends on the…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Mmmmmm! *pounces in ice cream* How are you, @alia?
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel YES!!! This is the best Christmas thing I’ve seen this year! 😀 XD
I must say, thank you for the tribbles! 😛 Although, I might change “drones a’bleeping” to “droids a’bleeping” just because I’m building a full-size R2-D2 with my dad. (That’s how geeky I am, so don’t worry about overdoing the geekiness. 😉 ) I guess I’m biased. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
Hi, @seekjustice! How are you doing?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #11 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper @emily @winter-rose @audrey-caylin @seekjustice @waterlily @sam-kowal @perfectfifths
Anyone want to accompany a poor little wolf-woman who’s revising a complicated school essay? 😛
-
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths XP indeed.
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Childhood Book in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 @sam-kowal What were your favorite Tree House books? I likes that magical saga about… Oh, it was a wand, and they were trying to find happiness for a magician (I forgot his name!) who lived in Camelot. And there were certain rules one had to follow in order for the wand to work.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel Yes!
“Get a grip! Or so help me I will ground you for a month!”
…
“Good. Those look like land based missiles, so there must be land that way.”
“You mean we have to go toward the guys who tryed to kill us?”
“If it means land, then yes.”
There. The scene is complete…
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel some of those are writing weaknesses… Now you know more about my character. 🙂
Writer’s block… I don’t feel like writing. I don’t know how to get my characters out of a mess. I want to do something else. Rewriting something a few times. I need to work on Showing not Telling. -
Joy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing The Incredibles!!!!!!!! *dances around at Pixar reference*
-
Catwing replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@perfectfifths @daughteroftheking @dragon-snapper @ingridrd @dekreel @people-of-KP Here’s one!
“We’re dead!”
“It blew up!”
“We’re dead!”
“Did you see that? It blew up!”
“We’re dead!”
Now guess!
-
Joy started the topic The Geekiest Xmas Song in the Universe in the forum Music 8 years, 10 months ago
@supermonkey42 @alia @dragon-snapper @anyone-else — BEWARE
I don’t know how geeky you guys are, or how much you can stand it, but I wrote a nerdy version of “12 Days of Christmas” called “12 Days of Geek Christmas.” Anything I should add? Take off? Tweak?
On the 12th day of Christmas my Geek Friends gave to me…
1. Full-size model of Ma…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@catwing Wow… Nice list! I actually meant writing weaknesses — considering writer’s block. *gives nervous smile* But thank you!!
-
Catwing replied to the topic *bursts in in an explosion of confetti* in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 10 months ago
@dragongeek Hello. You play School of Dragons? Well now me and my brother do. So he wanted me to see if we three shall have a clan. 🙂
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Another Question in the forum Plotting 8 years, 10 months ago
Yes! Have two villains! Have three! Have four!
Ok, maybe don’t take it that far…
But, more than one villain is often a good idea. It keeps your protagonist on his toes. And, you know those crazy authors, they just want to make everything so hard for the hero. Not nice writerses.
-
Catwing replied to the topic And for "Gosh-sakes", watch your language! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 10 months ago
@xonos-darkgrate I agreed with @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @daeus
I was going to say what Kate said. - Load More
