@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Yes, I sent it via email. If you haven’t got the invitation, here’s a link to it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12ZY5PcSrhX1LdSb69sP_tD4MnPqYZxuCyz6Zwr4i7W8/edit?usp=sharing
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight @radically-surrendered @kylie @skredder Thanks so much for your help! I actually used all your ideas to piece together something that might work:
First of all, turning down someone or breaking off an engagement would offend Aunt Maude, yes, but that wouldn’t really explain why Alice or the other girls wouldn’t like her. Th…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
Ha! I’m writing a story actually with music based magic, so, yes, it can be done.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths Thanks. Just sent you an invitation to a google doc.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered And, um, it sounds like so much fun to write… I thought I’d never ask this of anyone, but would you be at all interested in having a co-author?
I understand completely if you aren’t though. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered Good idea, because a conductor who plays an instrument will usually conduct with a violin or a piano.
But a piano is best for the Maestro, because a piano can play all the parts at once, so if someone isn’t doing their job, or falls down in the battle, he can pick up their part on the piano.
The piano is used as an…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@warrenluther04 There are a lot of cult followings, actually. People who love Star Trek are called Trekkers or Trekkies, there are a lot of people who dress up like superheroes and go to the Comicons. One of my dad’s friends from college has a group of people who (I don’t know what specifically they’re acting out) dress up in fake battle armor a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered Wow! That’s a big idea from just a man playing a cello in the woods. 🙂
Ohhh, I just had a crazy idea. What if this book inspired a whole new universe with what they call a “cult following”. You know, with fans who dress up like the characters. They would take tests to see what kind of instrument they are. They would…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered Do you play any instruments?
This is what I thought when you said different instruments can be used as different types of weapons:
Harp: A harp ripples and waves, and could be used to draw people closer as a magnet to hear what the Master has to say. (By the way, you might want to call the Master the Maestro?)
Violin:…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered That is an AMAZING IDEA!!! I would definitely read a book like that. I can’t really think of a better word than “follow” either, because that is actually what musicians do when they play in an orchestra: follow the conductor. Another term used could be “perform”, though.
I don’t like the idea of “magic” because every me…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Story Idea Help!!! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered That’s a fascinating idea!! I think you should try it! It sounds like a world where I’d want to live! I love music. But make sure you find a unique and captivating plot or else it will get a little old. It seems like that to me.
I love this! 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Oh, and this was originally just supposed to be a 300-500 word scene based on the picture, but I liked it, and kept writing. So it’s basically a draft, and I might add more onto the beginning or rewrite it or something. 🙂
-
Rochellaine started the topic What's Wrong with Her? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi everyone, I have a story I am working on – it’s about 2000 words long, but I have a major problem…
There’s something wrong with the main character which makes people not want to associate with her. I just don’t know what it is! Here is what I have written so far. Does anyone have ideas?
I don’t want it to be something she has done pe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Optimistic character consistency in the forum Characters 8 years, 9 months ago
@gabbyj In my first novel I had a character who was for the first few chapters really sweet and good-natured, and always thinking of others before herself. Later, as bad things started happening, she started having trouble keeping up her good-naturedness, but she hid it pretty well so that her brother didn’t notice she was much upset. Finally, s…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@graciegirl *lowers voice* I haven’t read a lot of steampunk either. At least, not a lot of variety. Just H. G. Wells’ stuff. It’s really good.
*is super happy to find a fellow Star Trek fan* The Next Generation is my favorite! Do you have a favorite character?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Comic Poems I Wrote in the forum Poetry 8 years, 9 months ago
@perfectfifths and @kballen Thanks! I think my favorite is actually the giant one because the story is more unusual (can I use that as a synonym for “totally weird”?), but I do like a couple of lines from the dragon poem a lot, such as “I faltered for a moment but/began to argue with the nut,” because it’s so crazy.
@itisastarrynight I’m glad…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! *screaming and running around in circles* Thankyouthankyouthankyou!! I seriously love this so much. Lovely choice of colors, by the way.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight That’s fine 🙂
Her name is…. I haven’t decided. Let’s call her “Peri.” She has pale blue eyes, very short straight blond hair, and large round glasses. She has a steampunk outfit, but not as frilly as Amelia’s outfit 🙂
And if you want I’ll draw one of your characters in return 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Yes, you did a great job! Wow, that’s impressive. I wouldn’t have had the patience to study cloth folds XD
……. Can you draw my character?! XD
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight I’m sorry, I butted in, but OMW that is AMAZING!!!!
@daughteroftheking You are in for a treat!!
- Load More
