@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Catwing replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper YAY! *crys, because you finished yay, and she is crawling along pondering whether @Ethryndal should be Claw’s lawyer or if it should be a Christmas elf that annoys her. Wait! Definitely the annoying Christmas elf.* *throws confetti* Muh, ha, ha! Take that writer’s Lego brick!
*blinks*
*cough*
Yay, Dragon Snapper! -
Catwing replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 *sees everything on bows and archery and swords* I have a compound!
Yes, I’m still learning and I haven’t fired it much recently (It is cold here.). But I have a few things to say from what I learned.
!. Hold the arrow with three fingers, not your pinky. It will throw the arrow off, if you do.
2. Right handed people hold the…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Well, I may be wrong, but I don’t know if you can do it completely. You probably don’t have to mention God very much to make that type of message, <span style=”background-color: #ffd9de;”>but I think you’d have to just at least some. </span>
<span style=”background-color: #ffd9de;”>The question I want to ask is why God can’t be m…[Read more]
-
Lady Iliara replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks! @catwing 😄
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@lady-iliara see above…
-
Catwing replied to the topic A Catwing Christmas in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Sure! *adds you to list* @lady-ilara I’m trying to make sure I don’t forget any of the common forum creatures.
-
Catwing replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Those are amazing everyone!
@leumeister That sounds good if you want to do that. I will try and find some time to draw the figures soon! It always hides where you least expect it to be, unless of course you expected it to be there. 😛
Do you mean the height if they were real and big or on the page for proportions. Cause if you mean the second one…[Read more] -
Catwing replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
All of those are awesome! @mariposa @cloudy @that_writer_girl_99
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Though I did say it first, it isn’t so much about internet access to the Bibles, actually, since we have seen how the internet can be censored easily. But when you can carry 100 books on a hard drive no bigger than your finger, it would be hard to censor those. 🙂
And burning Bibles would still be a big thing, as there are millions…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Check out these two articles on @jane-maree‘s blog! They are SO helpful!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Definitely definitely Robot Wars. @mariposa How dare you beat me at recommending them when I read them at least five years before you did? 🙂
They are really very well-written in every way. Every time I see that they’re set in 2040 I wonder how much Sigmund Brouwer has correctly predicted – and how soon we’ll find out…
(I do…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help Wanted: Creating Themes in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Definitely what Elizabeth said.
Also, on another note, things like love conquers all” and “revenge leads to destruction” aren’t actually themes, they’re messages. I don’t know if you’ve ever looked into KP’s Theme Mastery course, but one of the things we teach in there is that a theme should never be controversial like “revenge leads…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I like #2 a lot, but I have read a lot of books with the same premise. That doesn’t actually bother me at all, because I love everything cliche and stereotyped, 🙂 but it might be hard to write it different enough that most readers would like it. (I would probably like it anyway.)
I also like #3, but an important thing to note m…[Read more]
-
Sink and
Hope Ann are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
photobloggergal and
Hope Ann are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Has Anyone Published A Kindle Book in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
That was for compiling the ebook. Publishing it to Amazon is also very easy.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Has Anyone Published A Kindle Book in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@photobloggergal Yes, it’s very easy. Do you have Scrivener? That’s what I used so I could help you the most with that, but it’s also easy to do with Word and some other programs.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Welcome!
Pure Starlight sounds really cool. It sounds like a fairly original concept.
-
photobloggergal started the topic Has Anyone Published A Kindle Book in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone,
Was just wondering if anyone’s ever published a Kindle book on Amazon, and what are your tips for making it easier? I’m planning on (trying) to publish a book at least before April. Thanks! 🙂
-
photobloggergal replied to the topic I need a character's name! + other stuff ;D in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
I am so so so so so so sorry I have not replied back to you!! Eekkkkkk, it’s been forever! I formally apologize from disappearing from KP- my past 2 months have been crazy! :0
So how was your Christmas break? Mine was good, besides getting sick 3 times over it, including the flu… 🙁
My Christmas was good too! I’d never heard of anyone…[Read more]
- Load More
