@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight I’m glad you were able to make a decision. I just wanted to let you know I am impressed and humbled by the fact that you spent so much time in prayer and scripture study to determine whether what you were writing was right. It reminds me that I do not do that nearly often enough, but usually write what I think of. So thanks fo…[Read more]
-
Jessi Rae and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Thank you! Yes, she is a believer 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella Yeah, definitely speak in his terms. Don’t try to make him a writer or treat him like a writer, because that’s probably not where his focus should be. He won’t understand the way you think, so you have to understand the way he thinks which is. It doesn’t matter what you value about writing, find what he values and show him whatever ways…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien @mariposa Actually, statistics show that people are far more likely to read an email that has just text. People say they like pictures, but when it actually comes down to it, they distrust emails with pictures in them. Of course, it depends on your niche, but I think it’s most likely your audience will pay more attention to you…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@Aella yikes… I do not envy you. 😛
Well… oh boy. If this was my task, I’d probably take a mathematical approach, since communication is all about presenting the material in the way your audience is already used to thinking.
First, I would explain the purpose of fiction— how it’s use is to touch people on the heart and make them think…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily I would!
-
Kina Lamb and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heyo! 😀 I wanted to inform you that I got a blog. 😀 You can find it at silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
-
Okay. I’ve been checking for posts, I just haven’t gotten around to commenting yet. Your blog looks good! 😉
-
@Jenwriter17 *facepalm* Riiight. I couldn’t remember if I had tagged you before, so sorry about that.
*headdesk*-
That’s okay! 😉
-
-
-
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Um… I’m not sure this is a healthy topic. XD Below are various ways of killing a person:
- Dumping someone into the vacuum of space so that their blood boils and their bodies explode
- Infiltering a person’s bloodstream with tiny nanobots that use lasers to slowly disintegrate a person from the inside out
- Rigging phones (or the…
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-christ Sorry I’m late! I find this idea especially intriguing because I see myself as a logical dreamer, if that makes any sense. My goal for life is to become a computer programmer who writes fiction on the side.
So… my suggestion is to not make math and science seem evil or the dreamers perfect but to seek a middle ground. P…[Read more]
-
Snapper and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I agree with Skredder. Also, when you’re transitioning from one to the other, make it clear who they are and where they are (and who they aren’t and where they aren’t)
-
Joy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so the smile works LOL
-
Joy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Ignore me — I’m just recycling a fairly old topic and seeing if I can make emojis out of colon commands…..
:heart: :european_castle: :black_nib: 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thanks. 😀 I’m going to sign out now. It’s getting a bit late where I am. Thanks for writing with me! And I hope your plotting goes well.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m trying to write the last in the trilogy of Sector One. But I just started and beginning books is always hard for me. You know, getting back into the flow of voice and stuff. *groan*
Anywho, have you read any of Sector One?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I suppose a revolution requires brain work. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Are you still there?
- Load More
