@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@radically-surrendered Hi! I thought I’d let you know that I tagged you for the Liebster Award on my blog. If you’ve seen it that’s fine, but one of the rules is to notify the people you tagged… so I thought I’d notify you. XD
https://silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com/2018/01/secondary-introduction-liebster-award.html
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Please do use them, and please do tell us if you do! 🙂
@waterlily I love Kirlas! She sounds like a strong but sweet girl. I’ve been imagining her with brown hair and green eyes, but is that totally different from how she will be in – um – unreal life? 🙂 Let me know a teeny bit about your story, because I feel like a mo…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Glad I could help 😉 XD
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Maybe there’s an inspector or someone who discovers the MC’s “problems” and takes him away to a special school for nonconformists. Then he could meet other people like him, or maybe he meets an engineer-in-training who has a wild imagination (which made him also a nonconformist.) He could teach the engineer how to drea…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer AND a fangirl/fanboy when you include names, cameos and/or easter eggs in your stories of things you love
*blinks away heart eyes….*
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer Great. 😀
Here’s a doc for you. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BIHK8v-ag07-tPraj6QWrbf_BVN2P_PjySIw87Ljfyg/edit?usp=sharing
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd I really like Mern. It sounds unusual, and would make a character unique, I think.
@daughteroftheking Driana is really pretty and I LOVE Larik! I hope someone writes a story with someone named Larik just so I can read it and relish in the name. 🙂
@dekreel Um, I’ve never met a Whovian, but my brother is a Trekker…
-
Joy replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Since SeekJustice commented, I might as well comment, too:
Your sister is AMAZING! WOW! If I ever get around to those illogical children’s books that I started when I was thirteen, I am SO asking her to illustrate them!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking @ingridrd I love those names!!!!!
@rochellaine *talking to self* She likes Adric…. SHE LIKES ADRIC!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Adric is a Dr Who character’s name, and you know how we Whovians are……..
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine This is the bestiest! *flailing* Here are some names I’ve dreamed up but will never use:
Ero
Driana
Romanique ( roh-man-EEK. I don’t know if this is a boy’s name or a girl’s…)
Ivari
Larik
Arax
Railos
Evina
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Great idea!!! I have a few…
Girls: Lenna, Mern, Andraya
Boys: Den, Boren, Remiro (rem-EAR-oh)
Kinda weird, but…*shrugs*.
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder *starts chanting* Write it, write it, write it, write it…! This has the makings of a brilliant story. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Haha! Do we realize what being writers does to us? “She’s torn. She has come to care for those she once saw as only nightmares of her past.” We talk in “book blurb” language! 🙂
I found the same thing happening to me when I first started going to law school. After a year, my speech changed drastically, and I started saying strang…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Cool. What type of person do you think Jana Neader is, though? Is it a hero or heroine, or a sidekick or mentor? I think it could sound kind of forbidding and be a “dark lord” or something, but could also be sweet and sympathetic. 🙂
@dekreel Those are cool names! I like Airow, Dae, and Adric a lot! I was kind of thinking for t…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
…….That was weird……..
TAKE TWO! *claps clapperboard*
Thanks @rochellaine! I might actually use some of those for my novella! (assuming I ever get back to it……)
Anyway, can I drop in some names, too?
Girls (I got these from a book, mostly)
- Airow
- Aine
- Altair
- Ashe
- Vekka
- Cleo
- Dae
- Dove
- Elke
- Fae
- Faune
- Ginger
…
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Yep, @rochellaine is right! Outside of the topic, before Rochellaine posted, it SAID I posted recently, but my post is gone!
Spam?! Hmmm, that makes sense, actually. It’s happened about three times, and all of those times, I remember that the posts were pretty long. This one was long, too.
If it helps, here is another place where it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily That’s great! Which ones do you like best? I want to know if anyone has the same favorites as I do.
(I actually held back on my favorite of favorites. I am going to try to use it in one of my own stories, because I love it so much.) 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@gh24682468999 I don’t recommend making your story short just to write a short story. Make the story as long as it should be. A story should be short when the concept, plot, etc are simple enough that a short story is all that is needed; a story should be long when the concept, plot, etc need more room to flourish.
Setting is important for any…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Heh. You tagged me.
Welp, writing short stories is actually really difficult for me. The only thing harder than writing a short story for me is coming up with a character’s name. XD
But I’ll give you what advice I can from the few successful times I’ve written or read short stories.
So, if you do have a big story world, don’t…[Read more]
- Load More
