@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Posting fan fiction is fine so long as you label it fan fiction.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Well, it seems to me that in medieval Norse/viking culture they used a lot of v’s, o’s, and k’s. In England (their main adversary) at the same time, there was a lot of use of the letters “ae” and “th” together, as well as a great many d’s and l’s.
Sorry if this is way to technical. I am very detailed when it comes to h…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Here he is! What do you think?
Cole Avis:

As for your fanfiction, I think it might be okay to post it so long as you credit that it’s based off the Star Wars Universe. 😀 If you still have concerns, I’d ask @aratrea or @daeus about that.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I totally agree! Even in the New Testament in the “credits” sections of Paul’s letters there are some unusual names. I mean, everyone’s heard of the name Aquila, but no one uses it because it sounds a little strange for a boy.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I love making up words! (For instance, the character name topic I started.) How about smogis, longofay, caheloma, or jonjuke? What type of culture is it? That might have bearing on what kind of sounds they use in their language.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy Sure. You can share Mallory’s doc if you want. 🙂
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa You, my dear, astonish me!!! That is…wow.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight I think one big thing that makes flashbacks seem cheesy is when the chapter before the flashback ends with something like, “he remembered the time thirteen years ago when blakedy blank blank…” If you can avoid that, it should really help.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, As I said in the first post, I don’t write fantasy. 🙂 I go for the classic and the realistic, not the fantastical and grotesque. But then, that’s why I put the names out, right? So people could use them in ways I couldn’t!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel, Ohhh, I don’t know! If she’s a person, probably. If she’s a normal animal like fox or tiger, probably again. If she’s a strange creature with a lizard’s body, a cat’s legs, and a peacock tail – probably not! 🙂 But I don’t care what you use it for, I just care what my own impressions of her are.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Again, I have NO idea who she will be. She might be human, she might be creature……… *shrug*
Would you WANT me to tell you who she is?
-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Why, thank you! Larik is one of my favorites, too.
-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 8 months ago
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal @jane-maree *runs in panting* I hear the word “Reckoners,” I come running. 😀 I just finished Calamity yesterday. I’m still in the wandering-around-in-a-book-daze faze. *flailing* *book dazed-ness*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Wonderful! Actually, I like sci-fi better than fantasy, so I do think your updated plot sounds more cool. 🙂
You do illustrations yourself?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Hooray for Kethra! 🙂
But I’m kind of worried that you’ll tell me who she’ll be, since I picture her as a person, but someone who likes to draw strange looking creatures might end up turning her into one…
Am I right? Or does Kethra have a chance of surviving in the human world? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I don’t remember right off the top if a whole thread disappears or not. If it doesn’t disappear, it would probably be on the topic list, but I think the topic itself would be completely empty.
I do remember that I had to create a completely new thread the last time it happened
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine I am actually strongly considering using Kethra in future stories 😀 I have NO idea who she will be or what story she’ll be in yet
- Load More
