@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel It’s awesome isn’t it!
XD I might or might not have done that. Especially with some sort of dramatic music playing in the background?
You know you’re a writer when you talk to your character as you draw them, or scream at them, telling them to let you draw their nose or else… or else… or else you’ll kill them off!
But it’s an…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
I mean, there are writers, and then there are Kapeefers…
So this is like “You know you’re on Kingdom Pen when…”
-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper “Mii.” Ohh, do I love that word
You know you’re a writer when you almost cry while daydreaming up a dramatic and sad story idea
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you make Miis of your character on your Wii.
You know you’re a writer when you miss your character after a few days of not writing.
You know you’re a writer when you say things mainly because it’s a good line.
You know you’re a writer when basically everything in life goes back to writing applications.
You know…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fighting The Block in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Well you all are geniuses.
I mean really. I’ve been struggling with this stuck-ed-ness for months.
I took a five day break.
SO WHY DIDN’T A TAKE A BREAK SOONER!
I went back to writing today after missing it…for once XD… and wrote 1397 words that I actually like in one sitting.
So yeah. I LOVE WRITING AGAIN AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42Â Wellll, the words “writer” and “Kapeefer” are actually two different things *shrug*
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writing Advice Short Quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal If Stan ever becomes famous he is more than welcome to post his quotes here. 🙂
Another quote I love, everyone:
“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.”
                      Henry David Thoreau
I think that’s great for…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’ve switched between multiple POVs in several of my books and have read many books with multiple POVs. Most books with multiple POVs that I read were not confusing. One book was extremely confusing – in fact so confusing that I only read about two chapters because I had no idea what was going on. 🙂
I believe the reason multiple P…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic First/Third person and switching POVs in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I’m actually doing something very similar in my WIP. It’s working well for me so far.
This may help:
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Lord of the Rings in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m not sure it matters so much. Maybe read the Silmarillion first, but I wouldn’t say it’s super important.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Preserving History in the forum Historical 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Great idea! I’ve been thinking about doing this as well, because my grandpa can trace our family history back to the the first settlers who came to America from Ireland and it would be nice to have it written down.
I agree with @seekjustice on the relaxed writing style. I find that historical books written in a storytelling-type v…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel You mean there are writers who don’t know about Kingdom Pen?! 😉
You know you’re a Kapeefer when the newest KP Cinema video is the highlight of your day.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic You know you're a bookworm when…. in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a bookworm when you can’t stop laughing at a joke a character made, then you look up and realize your sister thinks you’re laughing at her.
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Yeah, I’m kind of holding up the line here, too. Catch you later!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Well, yeah. I mean, I’m not crazy about it. But I do enjoy watching it
Why don’t you like it?
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Great!
Hmm… I dunno… I think the descriptions and the “sensing and feeling” aspect would have to be slightly different, but I’m no expert. You should make a topic on it! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â Um… well the classic series (1960s-80s) would be fine when there are children watching, if that’s what you mean, but it’s hard to find. The current series (2005-present) is more easily accessible, but it’s also more action packed with a bit more language
I would recommend the classic series more than the current series. It’s so…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â I LOVE manga! Go for it!
… Why… don’t you like football?
-
Joy started the topic You Know You're a Kapeefer When… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Yeah, I did it…..
You know you’re a Kapeefer when you start randomly asking your friends if they like writing just so you can rant about this AMAZING website called Kingdom Pen…
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@amily-huddleston Ohh, that’s right — You already said you were from Idaho *bops own head*
- Load More
