@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 She looks very interesting! Is she on the good or bad side?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel I think what the article said was that a symbol is something that is seen only a few times as an overreaching message, and a motif is something that is interwoven with the whole story. In my mind I likened the motif to a knight’s coat of arms, which would be seen on everything, (shields, clothes, furniture, flags,) and the symbol to the…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Yeah, I guess I could do that, but I still think grammar wouldn’t be considered important enough, since you can probably google a lot of it. Usually KP likes to publish more general things that are just ideas. Daeus did do an article on sword fighting once, but even that is more complicated than a little grammar.
-
Joy replied to the topic Questions about Motifs and Archetypes in the forum Plotting 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Yyyyesssss… But they’re both technically symbolic objects that represent something. How does one tell the difference?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Your Online Notebook here in the forum Characters 8 years, 7 months ago
@devastate-lasting super cool! Thanks for tagging me @Daeus.
The primary reason I use notebooks is so I can have something to jot notes in when I’m not at my computer, but this looks like an awesome program for organizing stuff, which I need lots of help with, 😛 so I’m going to check it out!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Cool. 😀
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine You could do a smaller thing for the Keeper’s Corner if you didn’t want to do a full-size article 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Okay, I might try writing the article, then. But I don’t think the people here at KP would think it important enough to publish if I just did a grammar lesson on “thees and thous” so I think I could write it as “how to use slanguage in your writing” and do a small section on old English. What do you think? (And I would definitely ha…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo It was Patty Bride from the Carolyn Wells Patty Fairfield series. The Patty series is one of my absolute favorite book series. 🙂 If you’re interested in reading the series you can get them free or for a couple of dollars on Kindle, or find most of them online at gutenberg.org and Google Books, because they’re now in the public domain.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Sort of. I basically took all of your advice and binge-fixed my book. XD So although I didn’t rewrite it, it has drastically improved.
*nods elvishly* I am forever in your debt.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, cool. Did you rewrite it?
-
Snapper replied to the topic New Blog in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec I’m not sure what type of advice you’re looking for, so I’m going to dump it here. 😛
If you can make a way for people to follow you, do so. That will help so that people come back to your blog. And make the follow button easy to find. I doesn’t like it when I can’t find the follow button on blogs. Dragon Snapper no like. 😛
But…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic New Blog in the forum Non-Fiction 8 years, 7 months ago
@gh24682468999 Haha! It looks pretty scary at first, but the analyzation you have in your signature helped me memorize it pretty quickly. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel No worries. 🙂 My family uses the KJV, so I’ve been immersed in correct “thee and thou” grammar for years. A lot of people use it as jokes, to make it sound more medieval or something, but an incorrect “thee” sentence is to me the same as “her and me could have went with they to the game if they’re mom might let them.” 😀
You said “I…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine I actually had no idea that you were talking about “thees and thous…”
HAHAHA! Well tell your brother that I appreciate it. X’D I was watching it on a TV channel, so I really had no choice whether I was getting a good one or not. But I’ll take note! XD
*high fives your brother because he also likes Data* X)
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo That’s one of the absolute worst things for me: when there’s this huge fight and if they had just let each other explain, there would be nothing wrong. I actually saw another Hallmark movie where the same thing happened. So far I’ve read one book where they did it right. When the guy was out of town and got an accidental let…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel Oooh, that’s what I meant when I told someone here about using “thees and thous” ungrammatically. *cringes* please tell me that was a joke! 😀
Oh, cool! Glad you liked it. I actually haven’t seen that one, but I asked my brother about it and he said it’s not very good, so if you liked it you should definitely enjoy the better ep…[Read more]
-
NC Stokes replied to the topic Romance Novel Pet Peeves and Cliches in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@princessfoo That dude had trust issues. He must have been flat as Tony Stark’s new phone. 😛
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Cool! Tell me if you like it. At first I didn’t like part of it because she had the guy dress up in ruffles and face paint – and then I realized that she was just being realistic, because that’s how guys dressed in society back then. Boy am I glad I didn’t live in that period!
Yes, I’ve listened to one full Librivox book. 🙂 It wa…[Read more]
- Load More
