@salome01w4g
Active 4 years ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 991
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Ahhh, Oops, my bad X’D
Well, it’s still a good idea XD
@supermonkey42 I’m impressed by you going through all of the archives! Do you read every single post?
-
Ingrid replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@sage-g *gasps* You are really talented. She looks great!!!!! 🙂 And thank you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel This topic is two years old, back when Sarah was still with us.
-
Joy replied to the topic Review my (old) story's prologue in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 7 months ago
@valtmy Sure! Mind putting it in record/suggest/comment mode for us? 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *sigh* Yes, I have done that. It was, of course, painstakingly tiresome, but it needed to be done.
Your story sounds interesting. Very original. *thinks: Why can’t I come up with ideas like that?* 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Can’t remember exactly. It was either lack of involvement or I didn’t have enough time.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Bye! Thanks for joining me!
Anyone else still here?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Changing from third person to first person in the middle of a story is not the same as changing the name of one of your characters. That means MAJOR editing work! 😀 You’ve seriously done that?
I have written from several secondary male characters POVs, but never had one as the main character yet. I’m going to have to learn how…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Well, I’m signing off.
Goodnight, KeePers!
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Semi-dystopian might work. Although the world’s not falling apart. 😉
To answer your questions:
Third person. Though I have been known to change my mind in the middle of a story. 🙂
The protagonist is a girl. I usually write male protagonists, but this story just felt like it needed a girl.
What’s your his-fic story about?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey I guess you could call it semi-dystopian? Or just simply futuristic?
First person or third person? Is your protagonist a boy or a girl? 😀 I like asking questions.
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine A culture-focused time travel story…that sounds like an interesting premise. 😀
Well, the political situation at the time is slightly altered from our present one. It’s what it /could/ be like in a few years. Besides that, the story could be contemporary.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I hope so! 🙂 But I’m never sure.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 I wrote a book like that once. It was supposed to be a time travel story, but focusing on the different cultures of the time periods, rather than the science of time travel. The time travel element ended up taking over the book more than I intended…so it’s technically sci-fi now. 😀 But I set the contemporary parts in 202…[Read more]
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Well…it’s actually hard to tell at the moment. It’s set in the near future, but it’s not really sci-fi. I don’t know what to call it.
Isn’t it cool how music inspires us like that? 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@supermonkey42 Cool! What genre?
I’m doing a his-fic short story I’ve had started for a while, but got discouraged from when I lost about a thousand words. I was listening to a song today that reminded me of it, so I decided to try again. 🙂
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine Yup! I’m working on the beginning of a story that’s been floating around in my head for a while…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hellooooo…I’m writing! Anyone around?
@seekjustice @dekreel @supermonkey42 @jenwriter17 @anyone-else
-
Ben Powell replied to the topic An idea in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 7 months ago
. . .Two years  later. . .
This was a great idea! Whatever happened to it?
(Yes, I am systematically browsing every page of the 84 pages of KP forum topics. It’s kind of fun, actually.)
- Load More
