@rae
Active 1 week, 4 days ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Wow. I just tagged myself instead of @whalekeeper because of copy-paste 😂 Sorry.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge
Sorry y’all, I might not be very active on the RP for the next week because I have a debate coming up, so feel free to toss Sara around wherever she needs to be.
Sara — Elderstrand, w/ Group 1
Silver music appeared in Sara’s vision as one of the strangers began playing on some…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle This is why I said I wasn’t certain whether or not I agreed with you because of those situations. I feel like lying goes against what God wants us to do as Christians, but I’m not sure what I would do in those scenarios.
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Yes. When he said “not solid,” he meant the creatures aren’t made of magically fluid iron that is completely solid throughout. They at least have separate iron plates and pieces. He ripped off at least their outer layer, and whatever is inside is yet to be discovered. (That would be Jonas’ decision.)
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
I think I’ll add another character after the fight is over, if that’s alright. Or guess technically two characters. One and a half? I should go back and check how many character slots we’re allowed.
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
I understand both your points. However, there are many instances in the Bible when God blessed or rewarded people after they told lies to save the lives of innocent people. Sabina brought up two such instances.
And, God has also told people to withhold truth/miss-lead. Like in 1 Samuel 16
The Lord said to Samuel,…[Read more]
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
There are actually biological creatures inside the armor. Marcel’s exclamation that they are made of iron was in erroneous as he later discovered, though I see how when he later said that they “aren’t solid” it could have been misinterpreted as saying they are hollow. What he really meant (I assume) is that they aren’t solid metal (i.e.…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
I’m not exactly sure if I agree with you about God ever wanting Christians to lie, but I get that you’re voicing your own beliefs and I understand why you don’t want to change it. However, just be aware that it might be a slightly controversial topic.
Anyway, I love the plot twist. Great job with the details leading up to it…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
They are hollow inside, right?
-
Cloaked Mystery replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Suddenly, one of the knights (am I getting this right?)
Basically. If you missed it when I introduced them earlier, these are called Ironwalkers. They are humanoid creatures clad entirely in armor. Their helmets have a completely smooth front with no eye holes or any other facial features. (Because they don’t have eyes.) They also don’t…[Read more]
-
Andrew replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@rae @whalekeeper @loopylin @hybridelore @ellette-giselle @grcr
I’m sorry for not RPing, it’s been busy the past couple of days.
Ben Gunn, Flare – Group 1, Everstrand edge
The entire time of this happening, Ben and Flare began this following discourse:
“We must abandon them, they are causing too much noise, guards will be storming the place.”…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@jonas @loopylin @hybridlore @ellette-giselle @rae @grcr @raxforge
Marcel — Elderstrand (w/ Group 1)
The chunky creatures loomed over them, casting shadows over the soaked ground. They walked without sight or feeling, without head movement.
Someone cried out. It was the man with wind powers. He cradled his hand, and when the other young men…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
You and me both, girl. But it looks like your world-building is paying off :]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@whalekeeper Yay! Freakiness is the intention :]
And yes, lots of world building. And re-world building. I still have zero plot tho
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
“Clickmen.” Felicity shuddered at the sound of metal footsteps. It was clear as they got closer that they were not the machines Felicity was used to
Well, that’s the freakiest name for robotic machines I’ve ever heard. *Eyes you suspiciously* Have you been worldbuilding for something?
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
Oh whoops we’ve been forgetting to tag @hybridlore
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 11 months ago
@ellette-giselle My character doesn’t even have military training. She’s just… very determined.
@grcr @raxforge @whalekeeper @jonas @raeFelicity— Group 1, Edge of Elderstrand
“Clickmen.” Felicity shuddered at the sound of metal footsteps. It was clear as they got closer that they were not the machines Felicity was used to, but she didn’t care…[Read more]
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
@linus-smallprint oooh awesome! and you’re welcome!
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
a little like this but a grizzly bear instead of a polar bear, and more vicious?
(not my art)

-
Keilah H. replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 11 months ago
If you’ve ever seen the first Puss in Boots movie from Dreamworks, there’s a giant mama goose that actually does a good amount of damage to the town she invades while looking for her chick, who the main characters stole. Basing on that alone (I’ve never met a free-roaming goose, that I remember at least), I can see just an ordinary giant goose…[Read more]
- Load More
