@rae
Active 18 hours, 48 minutes ago- Rank: Chosen One
- Total Posts: 4769
-
Enid replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Well, it’s more like Pilgrim enters a new status quo because he’s moving to the main location in the story.
He’s outwardly calm and present for his dad. His dad is immature and might spiral without somebody to stick by him. So that paints Pilgrim in a good light even if it’s hurting him.
-
Enid replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Give him something (or someone) he cares so much about that he would risk anxious situations to protect/keep/help. It could be something simple like a pet kitten or his father’s pocket watch, or something more complex like a best friend.
I already have that! Perhaps I have made some better-than-bad choices!
What is a cause he’d be wil…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
O.O
Yeah, entering finals and graduation, then transferring to a university for next fall.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Annnnnd you answered some of that already. XD
-
Keilah H. replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
@koshka   @whalekeeper
I like Koshka’s idea.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
Hmm. Often anxious, slightly pessimistic, nervous.
Give him something (or someone) he cares so much about that he would risk anxious situations to protect/keep/help. It could be something simple like a pet kitten or his father’s pocket watch, or something more complex like a best friend. What drives his anxiety? What is a cause he’d…[Read more]
-
Enid replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
@loopylin
I’ll rp later! I have to write a thesis abstract, and in terms of creative writing, I’m hyperfixated on a project. -
Enid replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
It’s hilarious how the majority of fanfictions devolve into some form of mental or physical torture
-
Enid replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
🤣🤣🤣
Okay, he’s like that because his dad has always been very intense about making the right decisions in life, and the character (his name is Pilgrim) has developed a very hyperfixated way of making sure he doesn’t put himself out there.
I think what makes Pilgrim tolerable as a character is that he is very calm visibly, and…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
Hopefully not? But right now…maybe.
*Deep sigh of weariness*
Life is nuts right now. So yeah, it might take something kinda out there to stop my in my hamster wheel of days.
I should be back to something like normal in…two weeks?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I’m sorry! I didn’t know Aelic was your favorite!
Leo? At the moment?
Uhhh…… possibly in an Agent interrogation room……
*runs*
-
Enid replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
@koshka @ellette-giselle You two are on. 🙂 Any ideas? ^
-
Enid replied to the topic Writing Neurodivergent/The Psychological Issues of Characters in the forum Characters 1 year, 5 months ago
My protagonist is often anxious, and he anticipates the worst in a situation. I want him to be likable though. Any thoughts?
Many YA novels have unhappy, anxious protagonists, and while I realize they’re realistic, a part of me recoils because they would be so unfun to hang out with in real life.
I think he might have a quiet, more positive…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
He keeps dying.
WHAT!?! XD
First you kill all my favorite of your own characters, and now you’re killing mine!
LOL
Okay, where were we?
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 5 months ago
I think Leo needs you.
I kidnapped him and have been injecting him into random scenes of “flash fiction” with Rory for fun, just to see what would happen should I introduce a Leo-like character.
He keeps dying.
Tell your dude to stop saving poor lost characters. It doesn’t end well. 😭
-
Ellette Giselle replied to the topic Final book in the The Flames of Hope Saga: The Dawn Will Come in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 5 months ago
wow. Okay, so does it take something brutal to make you comment, because I haven’t heard from you in ages. 😂
- Load More
