-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Gotcha. Yeah, no problem. He did faint, so there obviously was enough blood lost for that. You’re good! So, does this mean you’ll have to rewrite a lot of what you already have, or not much since you’re about to have Joseph leave?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
Overall, it was pretty good. Some of the dialogue towards the end felt a tiny bit clunky, though.
Very well,”” Eric sighed. “I shall bare the displays of emotion for tonight, but by tomorrow hugs will be limited to once a month.”
This is funny, but it sounds old-fashioned all of a sudden. Is Eric just teasing? Does he lapse i…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
1. It gives the reader more hope in a happy ending.
2. It’s more interesting because you play on the past events of the book to make readers think Asher and Eric will die, but then defy the stereotype, keeping them on their toes.
3. It saves Asher and Eric. 🤗
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
YES! Much better. Thanks so so much!
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
My chart is still in the works, but it includes the same nine types he discusses, I just rearrange a few things and summarize it quicker so I can glance at it for reference. And I’m constantly adding other things, stuff like the Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, other coping mechanisms/corresponding fears I’ve noticed in real life, etc.…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
*Insert heavenly choir singing*
That’s my DUUUUUUDE, I listen to his videos every time they come out! He saved me from eternal confusion and I understand so much more than before. The 9 types videos he’s making are especially helpful. I definitely don’t agree with everything, and yeah he can make some crude jokes, but his method is de…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I’m good! Honestly I had no idea it’s been this long, I guess time passes faster the older you get. 🙂
Hey, sorry it took a minute.
You’re good
Oh it depends. Sometimes I only have 4 or so points, and sometimes it’s close to 16. It just all depends on what points I know I need/want to hit.
Right, you just outline a…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Animal RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I’m going to pass on this roleplay because I’m already in a few, but thank you for the tag! I’ll probably follow along with this for fun.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Hello! Hope you’ve been doing well <3
I’ve wanted this instrument for years. I’ll send you a picture of mine when I get it.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Yeah, I do something similar, only on physical cards because it’s easier to visualize. How detailed does that usually get? What do you mean by graphing characters?
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
YESSSSSS!!! We convinced you!!! 🙌🙌
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can’t wait to see the new scene! 😁
having hybridlore on the protection squad is scary! Why did I ever tell her about it?
Because you wanted me to kidnap all your characters. MWAHAHAH.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
*graciously accepts confetti and medal* Thank you, thank you very much.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
@koshka YES. Thank you.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Good 😂 Sounds like a lot of fun. I don’t do as many aesthetics as plotting boards, I think pretty much everyone on here makes aesthetics and it seems to be a huge motivator.
I’m cleaning because my aunt and her boyfriend are coming over, and my room is the guest space. Last week my truck driver grandpa slept in my pastel themed…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
I’m the dangerous one? You’re the one with like, a 50% character mortality rate. 🤪 I feel sorry for your characters.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 10 months ago
WHOOHOO!!!!! 🥳🎉
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
Haha
I vote give the character whichever ending highlights their unique story/perspective the most. For some characters, that’s a dramatic sacrifice. But there are lots of differences in characters, so I try to give each character their own ending, lol.
Ignoring that discussion (since I’m guessing you’re over your head in the…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 10 months ago
- Load More
