-
whaley posted an update 1 year, 9 months ago
What is the strangest reason you have ever had for tearing up?
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Yay, Wyoh didn’t eat those words! You have no idea how glad I am. *sweats*
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I have… a lot of feedback. *coughs*
Thank you Linus for giving me access to this story! I have a lot of thoughts and I hope they can be of some use to you! Obviously these are my opinions, so use them as you will. 🙂
Characters:
~ Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
Love Tyn. H…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
Thank you! Yes, Zuko was my favourite, along with his Uncle Iroh. I love redemption arcs, and Zuko’s was very well done.
Yayy!! We should totally make (or revitalize) a topic for that show. This forum needs to experience some great fanart for AtLA, and you are definitely the best artist for the job.
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I might write a fuller explanation about what I believe about this matter (taking into account what Ellette said about putting images into the reader’s mind), but the gist of it is that someone is always going to be bothered by this.
Linus has made a very harmless representation of magic. This is just imagery of humans developing animalistic t…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Art Sharing For All 🙂 in the forum Art 1 year, 9 months ago
AAH it’s Zuko!! I love Zuko so much. Well done; you translated the anime-like style of the show to your own interpretation, and it looks great! Was he your favorite character?
-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic The Narrow Path Trilogy Book I: The Cost in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago

-
whaley replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
*Looks at Baron with a contemplative expression* The guilt is strong with this one…
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
We watched Fiddler on the Roof and ate homemade oliebollen. 🙂
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh no!!! That’s terrible!!! That makes me want to cry for you!
I know. I was so mad.
Hmm, I find it funny that you think the ending thing feels a little un-realistic. I wrote it after reading of five different situations in different countries where something like this happened to Believers who had been arrested. XD
I guess the B…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
THEOLOGY/MESSAGE
~ Any theological concerns for the story?
I don’t think so.
~ What would you say my world view was?
Christian? XD. (Again, I don’t really know what kind of answer you want here.)
~ What would you say was the message of the story?
God will give us strength when we are weak and help us have the courage to stand up for Him.
~Were…
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
STORYLINE
~ Was the plot solid and engaging?
~ Did the pacing feel consistent throughout the book? If not, where did it lag or feel dull?
I feel like these two kind of go together. The pacing, I felt, was not very consistent. Sometimes we would be skipping over weeks or months, sometimes we would get slow, slice-of-life scenes, and sometimes we…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m flexible, so whenever everyone else is ready to read the next book is fine with me. And is it about Leon and Julian?
K, here’s the characters section.
CHARACTERS~Which character(s) did you find the most compelling/relatable/believable and why?
Joseph, because he’s the main. 🤪 But no, really, we got to see all his inner…[Read more]
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I WAS LITERALLY ON THE ILLUSTRATION QUESTION 😣
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
I was so, so close to finishing your questions, and then a bee came over by me, and I picked up my laptop and ran away (lol.)
But then I accidentally hit the screen somehow and I CLOSED THE LINK!!!
Augggghhhh. I cannot believe that just happened. Now I have to write them all out AGAIN. So this might take a while.
-
hybridlore replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
AHHH ELLETTE YOU SAVED THEM!!!
AND IT’S DONE!! CONGRATULATIONS!! (I know this is a later draft, but still xD)
Biggest thing I noticed, is that, in the end where Joseph and Amelia are talking, some of the things that they say, “I’m so glad that… etc.” seemed a little bit like info-dumping. It’s good for us to have all that in…[Read more]
- Load More
