-
whaley replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Now, I wouldn’t make too big of a deal out of this. You know your character’s temperaments, backgrounds, personalities. Those will dictate how they react to situations as much if not far more than whether they are male or female. Let them do what you feel they would as a character. Keep a good balance in mind, but don’t worry so much…
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Snowball Fight! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh dear. I think I’m going to go hide in the log cabin.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Writing Characters of the Opposite Gender in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
I’m fine with women going into battle, as long as they dress, act, and fight like women (and the author doesn’t try to make some weird point out of it). It’s when girls start saying things like “I’m just as good as a guy” or “I’m better than any guy.” Because, while I believe that all people are in fact equal, what the author sounds like…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Ooooooo, looks sticky and sweet. Should be percent to feed to the little cousins come Christmas day.
*Grins*
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Hmm. Well, he looks like an SC, maybe an anti-hero or antagonist, although I don’t know if he’s a villain.
Is he perchance the oldest of the street orphans?
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Snack recipe for everyone. :]
Ingredients
1 cup butterscotch chips (the small kind for melting)
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 can (3 ounce) chow mein noodles
Instructions
1. Put the peanut butter and butterscotch into a saucepan over a rustic medieval fire (this is a must); stir until melted.
2. Mix up the…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
*Actively avoiding discussion on this matter even though my perspective is very relevant to the topic because my family avoided Christmas for eight years* Who wants a hopscotch recipe??
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@koshka @mineralizedwritings @elishavet-pidyon
Thank you. (: It’s based a little on a time when I periodically visited my great-grandfather.
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Veil of Night– second book in The Flames of Hope Saga in the forum Novel Critique Requests 1 year, 9 months ago
Oh yes please. I love guessing what type of character a charie is from their board.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
I just had to go look up what a French silk pie is (and am now craving chocolate). I love those, but we typically make chocolate cream pies with merengue like coconut cream pies (which we also make, and pecan pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, cheesecake…*moan of hunger*)
I don’t remember hearing of this hopscotch, but I’d be…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
I do that to chocolate cream pies, but that goes without saying.
Do you make French silk pies? We do that, and coconut cream pies. There’s also something called hopscotch, which is a mixture of peanut butter, butterscotch, marshmallows, and uncooked chow mein noodles.
That would be… interesting.
It would be. I’d rather not risk it. XD
-
Koshka replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
That’s a much more coherent poem than my typical rambling-until-they-turn-to-poetry thoughts end up.
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
XD that’s great. I do that to chocolate cream pies, but that goes without saying.
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Yeeeeesss 😭 I’m tasked with making them each year, and I secretly eat the masa and meat raw like cookie dough… 😬
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
@mineralizedwritings @loopylin @rae @koshka @elishavet-pidyon
My shower thoughts sometimes turn into poems. 😛
…
No name.
Ten years I’ve lost my ever-changing mind.
My words have slowed, and must be redefined.
Your name slips on my tongue, a stranger’s taste;
The dullness and the gray leave me misplaced.
A nursing home will try to…[Read more]
-
Koshka replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 9 months ago
Well… I’ve read books with 100+ chapters, so it wouldn’t bother me at all. The book I’m reading right now is YA fantasy with roughly 70 chapters. If your chapters are a little short, it might make sense to combine some of them so it doesn’t feel too choppy. But otherwise it’s all up to you.
-
whaley replied to the topic Do you celebrate Christmas? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 1 year, 9 months ago
Tamales especially are definitely a holiday food here. Although that doesn’t mean we don’t eat them year round, which we do, they’re just a Christmas tradition I guess.
No waaaay. O.O That’s our tradition! We have homemade tamales for Christmas dinner every year, plus a huge smorgasbord of cheese, meats, candies, etc.
- Load More
