-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pleasure Symbolized in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 3 months ago
Hm… *thinkthinkthink* Hm… pleasure… maybe… hey, would it work if it were a plant? Like, a grapevine or something? I don’t know why grapevine— probably because it puts me in mind of wine. 😛 But it could be— oh! Wait… wait wait wait… sorry, I’m thinking out loud here. Maybe it’s some forbidden but delicious…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Question in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm right here. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Aliens, in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 3 months ago
@Timothy-Young this is an excellent topic.
I think there are so few Christian scifi stories because Christians are still waking up and coming out of an ‘anything strange is bad’ and ‘all art is sinful’ mindset. That may be a bit harsh, but I think it’s justified. Christians have had lapses and relapses of legalism over the years for a long, long…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Adry_Grace yes, you’re right. I totally agree. When I said first page, I meant it more figuratively than literally. 😉 First page as in the beginning— the first chunk of story we get.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Hey, that’s awesome @Daeus! Oh, totally don’t let me stop you from watching LotR— I completely don’t mind!
Wow… I envy you. Enjoy it for me. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus I’m writing tonight… as I have said, I am operating on the mental capacity of a baked potato (and the energy quotient of an amoeba) but I can’t stand it any longer. I have to write.
Or at least try to write. 😛
Are you writing tonight?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus good idea.
That is, it would be if I even remembered what I was thinking when I wrote that. I am currently operating on the mental capacity of a baked potato.
I believe, however, that I was referring somewhat to foreshadowing.
And for the rest, I simply meant that the beginning should set up the ending. I should have clarified that— I…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Wow, guys, have fun! I’m afraid I’m going to have to skip this one @Daeus. Life is being its typical annoying self and getting in the way. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
No. That’s not fair. I totally agree with everything @Daeus said. You have my sincerest condolences and sympathies, @Jadamae.
The solution to the climax of every single book should exist from the very first page— and we need to have some sort of inkling of what it is from the very first page. It doesn’t have to be obvious. But it has to be…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Eggsaylantay
@Daeus what… something tells me that’s supposed to be Pig Latin but I can’t make head nor tail of it. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@Daeus
The Hobbit.
Charlotte’s Web.
Through the Looking Glass. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
@Bluejay do you speak from experience?! 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Ah! I get it. Kangaroos. *phew* I was a little concerned for a while there. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*Mad. Responds in gibberish*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Aw… I like that one. That’s really sweet. Good job, @Jadamae.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*hysterical snicker* Forget it.
There. The arc is complete. I’ve gone hysterically mad. The end.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
*glowers blackly* I write stories, @Daeus. I have no wish to become one.
That would be a great story though… 😉
*sigh* Only a writer…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Ha! Believe me @Daeus, I am not about to let a mad scientist anywhere near my precious brain. Thank you very much.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Runners Up in the forum Poetry 10 years, 3 months ago
Giant rats!? Ugh… 😉 I’ve always envied you guys over there the platypus, though. 😀 Good work on the poem. You listed such a random bunch of stuff, and yet it wove a completely coherent picture. I love it. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Thank you @Bluejay.
- Load More


