-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
Ooh, great topic @Anna-Brie! I love names. Pretty much what everyone else said in regards to villains, though as in all cases with all things there are exceptions.
As for heroes… well, it depends on what kind of person the hero is. When I think ‘hero’ I usually think ‘noble’, ‘strong’ and ‘complicated’. Don’t ask me why I think complicated. :P…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus no problem. Thanks.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I’m good with that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 747 words… do you want to keep going?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus count me in.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
Comics as in how, @Alia? You mean caricatures/drawings/strips that tell stories? I have absolutely no problem with comics. I love them, if done right. But though I’m an artist, I have zero knack for caricatures. 😛 More’s the pity. I love making people laugh.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument great points.
First off, I don’t think the pianist analogy works in this situation. If you commit adultery once, you are still an adulterer. If you murder once, you are still a murderer. If you lie once, you are still a liar. You may not make it your profession, per se, but you are a liar in the sense that you have lied.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay. Who’s calling Disney to lobby for us? 😛
Honestly @His-Instrument, I’m torn between Luke and Han as Rey’s father, though I don’t really like either choice. It seems to have been hinted that Han is (in the words of Kylo Ren, ‘… you think of him as the father you never had. Ha. Believe me, you would be disappointed.‘) but her backstory…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus *grins*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I got 243 written and finished a chapter, so we’re just about even. I’m not sure what’s with me today… I just can’t seem to be able to concentrate. My mind is a melted mess of random fragments. I had to do some research on burn scarring and burns in general, and I’ve been processing critique/corrections from @Hope, not to mention I’ve had…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
All right @Daeus. Thirty minutes?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus… eh… probably 2:40 at this point. I’ll tag you when I start, and if that works for you, great.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
No problem @Daeus. 😉 Will you be writing anymore today?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Dragon-Snapper that’s not bad at all! Great job! I got 1,115 words written, and I’m working on a very tricky chapter, so I’m pretty happy too.
What did you get, @Daeus?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus great.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus you’re fine. @Dragon-Snapper I’m writing now… tentatively… keeping an ear out for trouble in the next room. 😉 Might have to dash if I’m needed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus great. See ya then.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha, I’m having a bit of the same problem @Daeus. Yes, I’m writing. I will be writing until 10:55, and then probably from 12:30 to 2:00 after that, then from 2:30 to 4:00, assuming nothing unexpected comes up. Tag me whenever you need to.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus I won’t be with you tonight. Have fun though!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hey @Daeus, that’s definitely not time wasted. 😀
- Load More


