-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I looked, and it seems like 8:30 in the evening for me is something like 10:00ish in the morning for you. Would that work for you? It would be nice to do that on a regular basis.
@daeus Yay! Thank you. I don’t know if I would be free everyday (I do lots of chores around the house) but I would definitely try and be free. Would you like to write now?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Thank you. Praying buddies are the best thing in life. If you want I could get @spradlin to send you my personal email so we could send prayer request to each other if you want. Don’t have to. Just an idea. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Thank you. Praying buddies are the best thing in life. If you want I could get @spradlin to send you my personal email so we could prayer request to each other if you want. Don’t have to. Just an idea. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh yes, @aella, the dragons are the WORST!
And yes, I know characters don’t like being killed off, believe me. Villains especially. The worst part of it is when you go back and edit— and technically they’re already dead, but you’re having to work with them again while they’re still alive and able to complain about what you did to them at the…[Read more] -
Greta replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@overcomer, This is definitely the “lounge” for me–complaining and procrastinating are my specialties. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Staying Interested in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
What made you love it in the first place, @hannah-c?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Welp, that’s what I get for creating characters with a more dominant nature than my own @Daeus.
The especially bold one I mentioned above is actually somewhat justified, though— I mean, I wouldn’t feel too happy about it either if someone made me lose my hand. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus it hasn’t gotten quite that bad yet, though I do make sure I have a dagger or two about me when I work with my villains. For the most part the better-natured of my characters stand guard over me against the wilder ones, though that may change when it comes time to write their stories. 😛 They can’t seem to be able to grasp (or else don’t…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Sometimes I consider myself to be more of a chronicler than a storyteller, who answers to the rather bossy demands of her characters to write their stories or be haunted forever! (Yep, now you all know how crazy I am.
Um… hellooooooo— that’s ME ALL OVER!
@overcomer, they can be quite bossy can’t they? I’ve even had them threaten me…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
@david I actually like the sky the way it is. The sky is never one total colour (at least in my opinion) I think it is really good. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
I agree with everyone else @overcomer, it’s a great idea.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
Oh YES! I can rant. Let me rant, let me rant. *No I shouldn’t* Argh, I gotta. I have just finished writing a novelette, 🙂 *that’s the good part* the bad part is I got to go back through and make it better. At the moment I’m working through a book called “Save the Cat” (If you haven’t read it you should) and well….my story just doesn’t seem to…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Where do you live? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 6 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Nothing to do with this topic 😛 But I thought you might like to know that I am now on medication to improve my health. 😀 I hope it will do what it’s meant to. 🙂
(Just thought you would like to know, since you were praying about it.) -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 6 months ago
“What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?” ~Romans 8:31
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Greta changed their profile picture 10 years, 6 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Pencil/ charcoal drawing and shading in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Ooh… that dolphin is gorgeous.
I find that when I work with pencils it’s more to sketch out a rough, quick idea than actually finish a polished piece of art, so most of my pencil drawings are pretty messy with a lot of unnecessary lines just marking out where I want things to go if the drawing ever translates into a painting. But the few…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Painting in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
I use acrylic— I actually prefer it to oil just because I work very fast and in many layers, which is difficult to do with a slow-drying paint like oils. Oils I like because they don’t change colors (whereas watercolors fade and acrylics deepen) but for quick paintings I prefer acrylics.
I love the colors in that painting, @David. I also like…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ink/ calligraphy in the forum Art 10 years, 6 months ago
Nice— yes, ink definitely has its problems. 😛 It’s kind of like woodburning— have you heard of that, @david? Basically you take a really hot metal pen and burn a drawing or words into wood. It’s really fun, and the end results can be awesome if you know what you’re doing.
-
Greta replied to the topic Let's write a story! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 6 months ago
I’m standing in what appears to be a tomb–except there aren’t any bodies. Thank goodness. The room is circular, lined with stones the size of me, and I’m tall for my age. At least, I think I am. But then again, I can’t really be sure since I don’t remember anything. Anyway, the stones are huge. I look up at the ceiling and gasp again. The…[Read more]
- Load More
