-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*grabs maxim, slams inky stamp on it so hard knocks inkwell off table* Writing guru approved. *huge grin*
Honestly I can’t find a single problem with that. I might even make the ratio even more unbalanced in favor of reaction. 99.9 percent of action is reaction, after all. You need one teensy piece of action to start the whole chain going, and…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If you guys would be so kind as to help me…. in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 5 months ago
I love the names!
They got pretty much everything, but I wanted to ask… you said this is inspired by Pangea. (And yes, I know what Pangea is. 😉 ) Is it supposed to take place in that time-period?? If so, it is waaaaaaaaaaay too modern to get that across.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Kate look, you really gotta dip those fingers in water every now and again or they’ll catch fire. Friction, ya know? Science stuff???
@Daeus hahahaha… that’s actually a family joke. Mom likes to say ‘if anyone comes in here and smells smoke, don’t be alarmed— it’s just Kate’s keyboard.’ 😉
But you’ll be glad to hear my fingers thus far a…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Hey, this is a good question @overcomer. I agree with Daeus— it needs to enhance the theme someway, but I also think it’s fine to have it there just as a story element and not overtly illustrating the theme. Don’t get me wrong— all story elements play into the theme somehow, but some are more obvious than others. 😉
Let me give you an example.…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I’ve started a new story and after a slow start got 694 words written. 🙂 Thanks for writing with me guys. @daeus and @kate-flournoy
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
‘Kay guys, something came up… I’m stopping now. I got 1,113 words. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Welcome, @Daeus! Jump right on in! I thought about tagging you, but figured if you weren’t on here already you were busy. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
oops we were posting at the same time. Sorry should have tag you . 🙁
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Jump in @daeus if you have time to write.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Awesome! See you then. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
tag – @kate-flournoy
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yep I’m on. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yup @bluejay. You on?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Is that an hour and twenty minutes @kate-flournoy
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yay! Tonight promises to be relatively uninterrupted. Who wants to write with me? I’m good till nine.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Spine Poetry in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
Wow, this is cool… Nice. XD
-
Greta replied to the topic Book Spine Poetry in the forum Poetry 10 years, 5 months ago
Thanks, @writefury! These would be great writing prompts!! 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 10 years, 5 months ago
@writefury Ok. Maybe I should just use an iPhone. 😛 What kind of room lighting did he do? This is the part that I’m struggling with the most. So any advise/tips I can get is really appreciated.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I just write, and sometimes the characters are just somehow made for each other and create the romance without any help from me. (Sort of;) Other times, they don’t, and the story is just as good. (To me, anyway)
I think it’s alright to write romance like this. This happens even in life.
It’s hard to write about romance, as for each person it’s d…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
I just write, and sometimes the characters are just somehow made for each other and create the romance without any help from me. (Sort of;) Other times, they don’t, and the story is just as good. (To me, anyway)
I think it’s alright to write romance like this. This happens even in life.
It’s hard to write about romance as for each person i…[Read more] - Load More
