-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mercy Killings in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oooooh… wonderful topic! Nice brain stretcher! Okay, let’s see here, bear with me as I try to organize my thoughts.
1. I do not believe that mercy killings are acceptable. Simple enough— I’ll explain, but gimme a moment.
2. I do believe it would be a fantastic story element to challenge any character if it is not glorified.Now. Why don’t I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
Sweet. Yeah, I can definitely see why you wanted to enlarge on him… 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@faithdk That’s funny. *writes that into word document of future stories to write* Seriously I can already picture it too. 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
@faithdk thanks for dropping in. 🙂 I think I’ll end up putting a tree in, just because it is a story for children. I might make it a bit easier for a child to visualize.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Noooo… not necessarily. I think she could just climb down the gutter.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Awwwwww…..thanks @kate-flournoy you just made my day. *wipes happy tears with a tissue*
Do you think she needs a tree near the house to get down? I know cats can drop and land on their feet, but would it be better for her to climb down? Would that be nicer for a child to hear/read? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
Sounds just peachy to me, @bluejay! Go for it! You know, you’re really doing much better about coming up with creative story ideas. Keep it up! You’re growing. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
He does sound quite fun, @Daeus. I love it when nameless minor characters are identified by their specific traits. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
about 90,000 words,
*groans* Oh, the bliss of dealing with such a small word-count! I know, I know, it’s my fault… *sniff* How I would love to write something that short, though! 😛
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus Congrats. That’s a great idea. Maybe I should do that too…
@kate-flournoy I know, I’m so relieved to have solved it. Head back to the topic at the missing cats and tell me if my idea would work. (and you too @daeus) -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh wow @Daeus three months, lucky… how long is ‘full-length’ for you?
XD he sounds fun… 🙂 What’s his name? Or does he have a name yet?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
With much thinking of myself as a cat 🙂 I have decided that the attic is the best option. So this is how it works.
Matt takes a load of empty boxes to the attic and leaves the door open. Missy, curious cat, enters and when Matt returns he doesn’t see her due to the boxes. He dumps the next load and shuts the door. Missy is trapped. But a small…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic How has your character changed? in the forum Characters 10 years, 5 months ago
@hope who was that? Serin?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@bluejay yay!!!!!!!
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy and @daeus I got lots done. I’m not sure how many words exactly as I have been all over the place in my story but I got it all sorted out. I had some major problems in it. Time was the main issue, but that’s all done. *Very happy*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus 991 words. Did you reach your goal?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Reactions in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*the doctor arrives and groans loudly* @daeus you need to keep your hands away from @kate-flournoy. She gets very into the mood of stamping and slamming things and doesn’t look out for hands on paper.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Newsflash: Missing Cat, but how did it escape? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 5 months ago
*Such a clever cat* I don’t think she’s that desperate to get out @daeus
- Load More

