-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
*wilts forward, drops head in hands and groans* Not this again…
😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
See @Daeus, I don’t always have heart-attack worthy word-counts— I only got 412 words in half an hour. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yep, I’m good too. Do you just want to go to 8:30 or 9 like normal? @daeus.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus I’m good with that. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Interview Questions for a Non-Fiction Author in the forum Non-Fiction 10 years, 5 months ago
What made him decide to write nonfiction above fiction… does he prefer to read one or the other… why or why not…
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Yes, @anna-brie, he said:
“Raspberries do strange things to you when one leg’s in the grave.”
*sigh of relief*
-
Kate Flournoy posted an update 10 years, 5 months ago
Okay people, I’m going to be gone for several days… see ya! Don’t have too many thrilling discussions without me! 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Interview Questions for a Non-Fiction Author in the forum Non-Fiction 10 years, 5 months ago
Do you outline your books beforehand? Why or why not?
What’s the most important lesson you’ve learned through years of writing?
What’s a piece of advice you wish you knew as a young writer?
What are some publishing tips? -
Greta replied to the topic What Book Are We Going To Read? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@faithdk George Orwell, I believe. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic IAHE Homeschool Convention in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@kate-flournoy @kate-flournoy He’s alive! He’s alive.
No one else kill him. It takes forever to bring him back if you do. But if that unfortunate event does happen, just whisper in his ear “raspberries” because:“Raspberries do strange things to you when one leg’s in the grave.”
*faints out of relief*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Interview Questions for a Non-Fiction Author in the forum Non-Fiction 10 years, 5 months ago
And how he makes non-fiction interesting and engaging while still being informative and pithy…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animals with Souls in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield egg-zactly. Couldn’t have said it better myself. 😀
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@daeus if you’re not alive we won’t be able to write later. *starts stressing.* *Starts to scream hysterically*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic IAHE Homeschool Convention in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@hislittlerose I believe I would be right in saying that the convention has passed? I’m just curious, but while you were there did you see a stall for “Because of Jesus Films”? I have watched a lot of Nathaniel’s work and I wished that I’d been in America to meet you and him. 🙂
How did it go for you? -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
ARGH I’m awake and @daeus still hasn’t been revived. *falls to the ground in despair*
(doctor’s warning: Don’t eat all the cookies at once @kate-flournoy) -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animals with Souls in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Oh, and I’m pretty sure the animals from Narnia have souls— Reepicheep made it to Aslan’s country, as did Jewel the unicorn and Fledge the flying horse, and the dogs from the Last Battle and a boar and a Bulgy Bear and a host of others… 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animals with Souls in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animals with Souls in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Ooh, good discussion! I don’t know that there’s a right or wrong to this one, actually— I think it’s a person to person thing, and everybody’s different.
For me, reading about talking animals (mostly in the Chronicles of Narnia) didn’t teach me to respect animals as living beings with souls at all— it taught me to recognize an intelligent…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
@Daeus if you don’t want those cookies… *eats first cookie, licks fingers, grins* One cookie down… *eats second cookie, licks fingers, chuckles* two cookies down… *lifts third cookie to lips, opens mouth wide…*
Daaaaeus, I’m eating your coooookieeeeees…
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 5 months ago
Well, that wasn’t the emoji I had wanted. Oh well. I was suppose to be asleep. 🙂
- Load More

Okay, we’ll try not to. 😉 Have fun!