-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer it reads like a poem, but in theory it’s a prayer. I love it! Polish it up a bit, and I think it will be absolutely beautiful. 😀
-
Greta replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Yeah, I see what you mean.
I just finished the Wingfeather Saga (@zoe-wingfeather). It. Was. Amazing. As for the ending, I thought it was really powerful and moving, even though…*sobs* And I agree with what you all have been saying about the ending. I wish Andrew Peterson had added a little more to the end so that the reader could find…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
I’m leaving tomorrow for a week in Tennessee, so I won’t be able to respond or discuss (sadly). Farewell, fellow KeePers! 😉
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Yes, we should start a topic on this! Problem is, I’m leaving for Tennessee and staying all of next week, so I won’t be able to participate much.
-
Greta replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope It depends on how much is implied and what is being implied. The end of The Giver was implied, but I liked it because the author left it open enough for the reader to decide what happened.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I like them if they force me to think. Otherwise they just annoy me.
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose Ohh, yes. The second Wingfeather Saga book hook (no rhyme intended) wasn’t terrific.
@hope I read the first book in the second series, and, while it was good, it just wasn’t Percy Jackson. I also felt like some of the action was–how do I say this–kind of…forced, if that makes sense?Also, since Riordan isn’t a Christian, the l…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, this is an awesome topic @Daeus. Thanks so much for starting it.
Your theory is perfectly accurate— that’s a really good way to look at it. A plot-twist is when you reach the door at the end of the tunnel and it slams in your face, but a second door opens to your right. You’re still moving forward, but the playing field has changed.Oh…[Read more]
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope Yeah, he is a great writer. 🙂 Was Magnus Chase good? Have you read the second Percy Jackson series, and if so, did you like it?
@zoe-wingfeather I know, right?!?! -
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather I’m almost finished. I haven’t had time to read because of school, but I’d love to read your fan fiction after I’ve finished the book!!! 🙂
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Interesting. “Clinchers” is what my English teacher always called them, but I guess we’ll go with “hooks.” 😉
That can work, but it can easily lead to what I call POV telling (e.g. “I just couldn’t believe she had died. Why did I have to go through this!” *cough cough* Telling.)
@Daeus Ohh, yes! Great point. I remember my first book I tried…[Read more]
-
Greta and
Karina Sanchez are now friends 10 years, 4 months ago -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*munches happily on everlasting cookie*
@kate-flournoy Thanks for the idea. I shall lock it in my brain and stew on it. I have a feeling that something will come of it.
*still munches on everlasting cookie*
@daeus, maybe I should go and continue reading The Hobbit. That’s a novel alright. The chapters are sooooooo long. 🙂
*I do love everlasting…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus drat.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay you could write a story about a girl who finds a huge golden conch on the beach and takes it home, only to realize during the night that it’s whispering to her. And when she puts it to her ear, she discovers that this shell belonged to the queen of the Lost city of Atlantis… and wants to tell her the story of its destruction.
I’m…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hehee… I gave you the perfect excuse in baking you that cookie, didn’t I @Daeus?
If we’re talking excuses here, I was struggling my way through a present tense dream sequence. Does that count for anything? 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus, I got 870 words edited. Not too bad. What did you get?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*stares hard at everlasting cookie*
I just thought I’d let you know @daeus, I’m not writing simply because I have run out of ideas. Momentarily, of course. 🙂 Hopefully it won’t be long before I’m back though.
*continues staring at everlasting cookies. Mouth starts drooling* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus yup. Here goes. See ya then.
-
Greta replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh! I’ve never read Pride and Prejudice, so I can’t judge that one, but the opening of Northanger Abbey is pretty dull. It’s a fantastic book, though (except for the beginning). 🙂
I love clinchers, though I must admit I’ve never heard them called that. But if you ever have to step DOWN from a clincher to reach reality, you’ve gon…
- Load More
