-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*smiles bleakly* Good advice @Daeus. I guess I will.
And I have begun to despair of that. :/ If one title fits in one regard it almost certainly won’t in another; that or it sounds off, or is too dry, or too melodramatic…
Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to keep trying. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus AAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!! *pounds head against wall, squeezes eyes shut and growls in frustration* I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I can’t believe I didn’t recognize the cadence and realize it wasn’t an original idea. Urrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh…
*sigh* Thanks for pointing it out.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys @Daeus @Hope @Jadamae @Gretald @Bluejay @Emma-Flournoy @anyone-else-who-was-on-this-topic, what do you think of the title ‘The Way Not Taken’? I know, I know, it’s not one word, but I kinda like it just the same. I’d forgotten about it until today, when a friend brought it up in a letter that I’d been considering that as a title. What do…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh wow @Hannah-C! You are blessed! That is so awesome! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that would be lovely, thank you. It won’t be ready any time soon— possibly not even until next year. It depends on how good I get at this whole rewriting thing in the meantime. 😉
Yes, everyone’s projects sound fascinating. Isn’t it strange to think what a perfectly writer-oriented community we have here? I mean, for my part, I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I am anything but un-extreme. 😉 Fact is, when I wrote that, I had literally zero clue that it wasn’t going to be a standalone book. Now there are ten more books to follow it. So first of all I need to make it so it leads into its sequel, and secondly— well— the whole thing stinks. I know, I know— extreme. But it does. Compared to the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Editing my WIP, and then *takes deep breath* I have finally decided to start rewriting my WIP’s prequel. Which I should have done the moment I finished it two years ago. It needs it. Majorly. 😛
I’m also planning to do a bit of work on a retelling of Snow White called The Mirror— just a novella, but fun nonetheless. @Hope got me hooked on…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@gretald heehee… 😉 Thanks for the votes. I’m still wavering on the fence, actually. :/ I’ll figure it out one of these days.
-
Greta replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope I don’t know about Bible Verses, but one I really like is:
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. ~ Benjamin Franklin
I also really like this one:
A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit. ~ Richard Bach
-
Greta replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
*pops in really late*
@Emma-flournoy Hey! Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
You’re related to Kate Flournoy, the Forum Superhero? *jaw drops to the floor* -
Greta replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Wow, I’m gone for one week, and I come back to 6 pages of discussion! SIX PAGES, people!!! 😛
In all seriousness, I really like Reckless and Uncharted, @kate-flournoy. I think I like Uncharted a little better. I don’t know; it just sounds cool. 😉
@Emma-flournoy and @Kate-flournoy *in British accent* Your…exchanges have been most…[Read more] -
Greta posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
@rolena-hatfield Were you in Mary Poppins?!?!?! I love your profile picture! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
It is fascinating @Hope, I’ll give it that. 😉 One favorite quote (can’t remember who said it) is
‘There’s nothing difficult about writing. You just sit down at a typewriter and bleed.’
As far as I’m concerned, that’s pretty accurate. 😛
*wracks brains for other awesome quotes lurking just beyond reach* I know they’re there somewhere… I’ll…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@hannah-c Do you want to write about this time tomorrow??? This is a great time for me. Well actually an hour earlier would be better. Would you be able to do it???
-
BlueJay posted an update 10 years, 4 months ago
If I had a world of my own,
everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is because
everything would be what it isn’t.-Lewis Carroll; Alice in Wonderland-Disney
-
Hey, @kate-flournoy This is my favourite quote from the movie though. 🙂
-
Ooh yes, I love that one too @bluejay. So writerly. 😉
-
I actually love that part in the movie. Her cat, Dinah, is so very cute and funny as Alice is saying it to her. 😉 @kate-flournoy
-
Oh and I should say, thank you to you, your idea about the golden conch shell is great. That is the story I am working on at the moment and I’m loving it. 🙂 So thanks.
-
“It certainly does.” He gazed at her in silence, before recovering himself with a start. “Forgive me once again for not introducing myself to you. My name is Mango.”
“Mango?” she asked, wishing the moment she had, that she had bitten her tongue.
Hey @daeus I thought you would be interested in seeing the character Mango introduced. 🙂 -
I like it. He’s got a name to live up to.
-
-
-
-
-
BlueJay changed their profile picture 10 years, 4 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I was writing a story this morning and I got called for lunch so I hurriedly finished my sentence and I wrote this:
Since King Octavius is no longer ruler, the city is left with no ruler.
I couldn’t believe that I wrote that. I am definitely going back to fix that up. 🙂
@overcomer I’m not sure. Try calling @hope. She works with dragons a lot.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
okay. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay yes, I want to, but unfortunately I can’t. 🙁 Thanks for the invitation though. 😉
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay. @kate-flournoy, do you want to continue on for a bit?
- Load More

@gretald Yes I was!!! The chimney sweep was my favorite dance and favorite costume. 🙂 It has been my over all all time favorite community show to be in due to an amazing cast and great directorial team! (Sorry for the delayed reply, things have been crazy until now!)
Oh my goodness! That’s so cool! Looks like it was a lot of fun. 😉
Hey, don’t worry about the delayed reply. Life happens, sometimes. Sorry for /my/ delayed reply. 😛
Oops, tag @rolena-hatfield