-
BlueJay replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@jess Dalton is a major character in book 3 of the knights of Arrethtrae. And then he is in book 4 too.
What time period is your story set in? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lessons from a recent revision. in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Hey, @Mark-Kamibaya welcome back!! It would be a poor welcome indeed if someone attacked you now… XD
I do see what you’re saying, and to some extent I agree. For the most part, however, we aren’t talking about scene-by-scene summaries. In @Daeus‘s case, it was several chapters summarizing a character’s childhood. (At least I assume that’s what…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I’ll be sending them in once Mum has checked them so you’ll find out. Drummer Boy is one of them. @sarah-h
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h I’m going to stop now. I wrote 447 words (I think.) 🙂 But I’ve run out of ideas. I was writing 100 words stories which were fun, though.
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@spradlin‘s answer to everything, “Submit it” 🙂 *Grins*
I love writing poetry @overcomer, but I’m terrible at critiquing it. 🙁 Sorry. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I can got for an hour if you can. @sarah-h
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
I can got for an hour if you can?
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@sarah-h Please tell me that you are still writing????????? Cause I can write too!!!
-
Greta replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@overcomer
I love the topic for the poem! Okay, you said you wanted feedback…so here comes some feedback. 😛‘Till I am overcome
By the multitude in my mind
I am restless fromI would rewrite the last line in this stanza. I know it’s hard (believe me, I know) when you’re trying to find rhymes, but I think a different rhyme with “overcome” w…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
It’s a lovely poem, @Overcomer— great concept, nice dexterity with the words and such— I definitely think it has promise. The one thing I’m not getting though is a consistent sense of rhythm. I’ll be reading, and think I’ve got a rhythm, and then I keep reading and the very next sentence it’s disrupted. I get the impression there IS a rhythm…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Editing Advice (Poem) in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
It’s a lovely poem, @Overcomer— great concept, nice dexterity with the words and such— I definitely think it has promise. The one thing I’m not getting though is a consistent sense of rhythm. I’ll be reading, and think I’ve got a rhythm, and then I keep reading and the very next sentence it’s disrupted. I get the impression there IS a rhythm…[Read more]
-
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
@overcomer We’ve a topic for this, so head on over and join in. We are studying the first two chapters. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
@overcomer We’ve a topic for this, so on over and join in. We are studying the first two chapters. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Next Book Choosing in the forum Book Discussions 10 years ago
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!
@overcomer We’ve a topic for this, so on over and join in. We are studying the first two chapters. 🙂 -
BlueJay replied to the topic The Sea in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years ago
@overcomer Thanks. I think I’ve changed “shiny” but I’ll go and check. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@dragon-snapper WHAT!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn’t write anything, but I didn’t throw a fit. You need to take a few of my B-calm tablets. (I’m sure I’ve mentioned them before) Oh, yes. When everyone was having untimely deaths. *shakes head sadly and starts to repair the damaged chairs and phones*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus I shall have use that suggestion. Cause I got writer’s block too. *grunts in annoyance* But the trouble is I don’t have a pocket knife. *walks away trying to think of a new idea.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus I shall have to take up that suggestion. Cause I got writer’s block too. *grunts in annoyance* But the trouble is I don’t have a pocket knife. *walks away trying to think of a new idea.*
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@overcomer Yes, jump on board. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus I can write for half an hour…
- Load More
