@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Heeeeyyy! In Freedom’s Cause, I’ve read that one. It’s been awhile, but I remember it being not too bad for a Henty.
High praise, I know. 😛And Scottish Chiefs is definitely worth reading. Not the best written in all aspects by any means, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, college, well, just about to enter it is where I am in life right now. 🙂 I have applied and been accepted to California Baptist University. I would like to go there as it has an amazing English department and drama program, but I am also looking at Providence Christian College. Many haven’t heard of it, it’s quite small, (under 200 students…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*MANY THUMBS UP* 🙂
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sleepwalkingmk My understanding is that English is more focused on grammar and syntax and some of the more technical aspects of the English language, whereas literature is more focused on reading the great books and discussing/analyzing them. There’s a fair bit of overlap, though, between the two majors, but that’s the directions they tend to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper YAY!!! *balloons, confetti, lemonade, sherbet, cookies, sparkles*
It’s a glorious feeling, isn’t it? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Wowy for you, @Dragon-Snapper! Your first novel—yeah, I bet it is exciting!! What genre is it?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Congradulistactions, @dragon-snapper!!! It is so nice to complete a novel, no matter how many years *coughs* I mean, months, follow. *smirks* I’m so encouraging, aren’t I? Seriously though, congratulations. 🙂 80,000 words is quite the achievement.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks @jess
It’s crazy exciting, this being my first novel.
For anyone who’s wondering, the first draft so far is about 80,000 words. 4 months. Thus begins the editing stage. -
Snapper replied to the topic Fall and Winter Goals: Writing Club in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Alright, peoples. (thanks @anne-of-lothlorien)
I have an ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
I have finished the first draft of my novel!!!
@overcomer @bluejay @kate-flournoy @spradlin @hope @jess @gretald @ingridrd @alia @daeus @Hannah-krynicki @corissa-maiden-of-praise @winter-rose @anne-of-lothlorien @graciekry @aella @sleepwalkingMK @Brandon-miller @anyone else -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*gasp of wonder* They let dragons into college?? Will you major in phone repair? 😀 😀
I don’t think I’ll be much help here, ’cause I’m not planning to go to college.
Buuuut…if this may help at all…the president of Liberty University does not have my respect. You’ll know why if you like to keep up with the news…
I’m serious, he doesn’t.…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-h It’s a partly fictionalized William Wallace story. If you read it, it should mostly be for Edwin—he’s the best character in there. 😀 And I don’t think he was even real 🙁 🙁
The story was good, as I remember, and there were several well done minor characters; Wallace is pretty much Mr. Perfect though. 😛 (Not quite like the Wallace in…[Read more] -
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h Good point. They do have rather high entrance requirements. That being said, I do know friends here who didn’t 100% make the entrance requirements but were still allowed in. Because it’s a small school, if you try hard enough to get in, you have a pretty good chance of making it in, even if you don’t necessarily meet all of them. So if…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper My recommendation would be to figure out what kind of majors you’re looking at and research what the best colleges are for that major. If part of your purpose of attending college is to help your creative writing, I would think through whether or not you want to go to a place with a strong literature program or a strong writing…[Read more]
-
Snapper started the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone!
College. That’s what’s next. After a few more years of high school then off I go. COLLEGE. Some words can be so easy and short to say and spell, but they speak levels of meaning.
What I’m asking you all for is any college suggestions, considerations or universities that have good writing courses. And I’m not just asking those who’ve…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic College in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone!
College. That’s what’s next. After a few more years of high school then off I go. COLLEGE. Some words can be so easy and short to say and spell, but they speak levels of meaning.
What I’m asking you all for is any college suggestions, considerations or universities that have good writing courses. And I’m not just asking those who’ve…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Sorry I missed you @overcomer
Is anyone writing/editing tonight?
@bluejay @daeus @kate-flournoy @overcomer @jess @winter-rose @anyone else -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Sorry I missed you @overcomer
Is anyone writing/editing tonight?
@bluejay @daeus @kate-flournoy @overcomer @jess -
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
How about you, @winter-rose , @hope , @dragon-snapper ?
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
How about you, @winter-rose , @hope , @dragonsnapper ?
- Load More
