@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Snapper replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
*hands you napkin* *Sigh* Orcs…
Cha-ching! Good luck with whatever you decide!
@warrioroftherealm -
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
Haha! And this is why you don’t feed orcs chili. Does anybody have a napkin? :p
All jokes aside, the orcs speak a different language (very rarely do they speak the common tongue). I do like the message interception idea though! It could work!
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham -
Snapper replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Maybe they end up capturing an orc and he spills the beans?
Personally, I like to reveal information in italics. By that I mean: journal entries, flashback and chapters not based on the main character.
Oh! *jumps up excitedly* Maybe the MC’s intercept a message from Villain to orcs and they figure it out somehow? -
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
My main characters need to know the villain because—at this point—they really have no idea who destroyed the castle. Maybe the King guides them in the right direction, so they know where this villain is, but they don’t know who he is. This villain is ancient, and is the second in command of the evil presence in the world (Satan). He is ver…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
First of all, do the good guys just need to see the villain to know what he looks like, or do they need to interact with him through something like conversation or combat? Do they need to know that he is the villain, could they have no idea who he is, or could they be deceived into thinking he is someone he isn’t?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm hm… let me see. My first idea was, is there any way the villain could have a motive for meeting them without revealing who he is? Maybe he could go and seek them out for that reason (is he curious? Afraid? Daring? Arrogant?) and meet them as a simple traveler, and things escalate from there.
Or maybe he needs to ship something…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella This is becoming the busiest point of my year, so I haven’t been able to get to NaNo yet, but I should have a lot more time starting at the twentieth, so I’ll just do what I can now and pick back up then and try to get 25,000 words.
-
Jackson Graham started the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
Alright guys—ready for another question?? 🙂
My main villain has never seen the main character before, and lives in an old abandoned fortress deep in the mountains. My main characters have been on this guy’s trail for some time (unknowingly), because he destroyed a place special to the main characters with dragons. The only evil they have come i…[Read more] -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@the-bean Yeah, I’m done.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-eaton You’ve got to do what you’ve got to do. Besides, after we defend ourselves and your plot is destroyed, us forum folks can snack on roasted beans.
@the-bean 😀 😀 -
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@the-bean @dragon-snapper @brandon-miller, I don’t even know how to respond to this. I mean, fiery beans? The forum has some interesting guardians.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@the-bean
@Brandon-miller The Bean is right, you know. Beans hurt when they gain momentum from a couple thousand feet up in the sky. They’ve been known to destroy homes. -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h Are you still outlining?
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
That’s great! I envy you, @jess . I thought I could finish my essay assignment tonight but I miscalculated the amount of work it needs. Oh, well. I’ll just tackle it again tomorrow!
Thanks for writing with me, and good luck with NANOWRIMO! (I wish I was doing that instead …)
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Awesome, @jess ! Yay! 😀 I don’t have to write by myself! It gets dismal near midnight …
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hey @jess, I didn’t see your comment until just now. Yes, I’m still writing, and will be for about an hour if you want to join. 🙂
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’m writing for an hour and 40 minutes tonight. Y’all are welcome to join me if you wanna. 🙂
-
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’ve got to stop now for lunch. I got 461 words written and I like the story idea that I’m working one. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose Alrighty! Great Job today!
- Load More
