@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sleepwalkingMK Write about a dog who only eats lemon chicken and only drinks sweet tea.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@His-Instrument I’m reading it right now, and L.O.V.I.N.G. it. The fifty pages on Waterloo were a little hard to get through, though the stuff was interesting. Are you reading an unabridged version?
@Daeus Handel’s Messiah? Ooh, yes. And you’ve seen the play of Les Mis?? Is it accurate to the book?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-Eaton Heh, I know what you mean. 😀
@Sierra-R Oh you like Les Mis too? That makes me feel better about the whole hijacking think. 😛
@Gretald The best thing since ICE CREAM? Seeing as this is you talking, you must like it well. 😉 Here, you can have a cane, long overcoat, and top hat for your appeasement.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Signet Ring in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Hrmm. Well, there is @kate-flournoy‘s idea, but here’s a list of random things.
1. A character from his alphabet. (or if you invented a language for the orcs or whatever they are, it could be a symbol from that standing for something related to the villain)
2. snake or some other dangerous thing (like teeth)
3. jewel of some…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella Are you still there?
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll check later and see if you or anyone else wants to join me.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll check later and see if you or anyone else wants to join me. I’m going to write for 2 hours.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll check then and see if anyone wants to join me. I’m going to write for 2 hours.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks, @winter-rose ! 🙂
I’m not writing right now, @aella , but will be about an hour from now.
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks, @winter-rose ! 🙂
I’m not writing right now, @aella , but will be about an hour from now.
-
Sierra replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose. Not sure which one was my favourite, I read them so fast they all blur together. All the more reason to read them again 🙂
@christi-eaton No worries. *bursts into an extremely passionate rendition of Stars as I disappear off among the rooftops*
-
Sierra replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@jadamae GREETINGS, FELLOW QUIZZER. At least, I assume you’re a fellow or former quizzer since you asked about it 😛 I quiz with CBQ and we’re memorising Luke this year. This is my fourth (and last… so sad to grow up) year doing it, but I’m just as excited about the upcoming meet as my rookie 12-year-old brother! My standard goal is to spend…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@his-instrument Yes, I have read it. I wouldn’t say it’s my all-time favorite, but It’s probably in the top six or so. Very excellent book. The play is equally amazing. Its music ranks number 2 for me right under the Messiah.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@His-Instrument YES!!! Les Miserables! My favorite book ever! I love that one. And you haven’t even got to the good part yet. *wiggles eyebrows*
And the Chronicles of Narnia— yes. I reread them recently, and was actually stunned how deep they are. I’d only had them read to me before, when I was seven or eight, and so much of the allegory I…[Read more]
-
BlueJay posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
@sarah-h I won’t be here later, so I won’t be able to write with you if you are. Sorry, try again tomorrow night. 🙂
-
Christine Eaton replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy Favorite song? Nope, I love them all equally, just like they are all my children.
Also @Sierra-r Sorry for hijacking your post. 🙂
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@his-instrument I’ve not read Les Miserables, but my sister has.
I loved The Princess and the Goblin and The Princess and Curdie. Then it came to the end and I was like wait…what?!?!?
I ended up not reading The Mark of the Lion trilogy for that very reason. The violence I didn’t mind, but Mom didn’t care for the depth of the romance and…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Your loss. *gives you extreme look of Javertian authority*
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@his-instrument Go girl!!! I did something like that once (10,000 in two days) and it’s not easy. 😀 I’m currently only at 6000 words. Is your story flowing well then, or are you just pounding it out?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy nah. I’d rather throw in my lot with the rebels, thanks.
@Brandon-Miller 😀
- Load More

@bluejay Oh, I’m so glad. Last night, I fell asleep before I could get on KP, so if you had been able to write, I would have missed you. 🙂
Sorry @sarah-h I won’t be here tonight either. My brother is borrowing my laptop so I’ll have to wait. 😉
@bluejay Don’t be sorry! I was volunteering for the Saturday night thing at church tonight, and I’m too worn out to write. 🙂
P.S. You changed your profile picture! I like it.
@bluejay How ’bout tonight? I’m kinda tired, so I won’t write unless you’re up for it. 🙂
Never mind. I can’t keep my eyes open any longer. 🙂 Good night!
Thank you. I’m glad you like it. (So do I)
And I’m sorry I missed you, but I couldn’t write either, so it turned out alright. We had visitor over for tea.
@sarah-h
@sarah-h *may your notifications work* Are you writing tonight??? I am. 🙂
@bluejay Yay! We did it! 🙂 Sure, I can write tonight. I’m going to try to finish the, ummm, thingwe’reworkingon, and I’m almost finished, so I might not be on very long.
@sarah-h YES! Contact. We can move into the Writers’ Corner #3 to post word scores when we’re done.
Oh good. I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ve come up with. 🙂
@bluejay Should I paste it into the email, or send it as an attachment?
Either one will work for me. You choose @sarah-h
@bluejay It’s off! 🙂
Got it @sarah-h I’ll have a look at it tomorrow as I have to go to bed now. Good night.
@bluejay Me too. Good night! 🙂
@sarah-h I’m writing. Are you around to join me??? 🙂
@bluejay I’m sorry I missed you! We stayed up watching the election, and now it’s time for me to go to bed. Good night! 🙂
@sarah-h Who won? You might not get this till tomorrow, but that won’t matter.
Oh, I read the outline that you did, and at the moment I have no questions. I think it is very good and I’m going to have lots of fun writing it. 🙂
@bluejay That’s the question every American is asking right now. They’re having trouble counting the votes- it looks like it will be pretty close either way. I personally think Trump won, but we won’t know until the morning.
Oh, I’m so glad you like it! I can’t wait to see the end result. 🙂
@sarah-h According to Mum, Trump is in. Hillary had conceded and packed up. Why we know before America I have no idea? Apparently Trump made it in easily so I have no idea what is going on. I guess we’ll just have to wait till tomorrow to know for definite.
@bluejay Trump won. I think our media is biased. It’s so funny that you know who our president is before we do.