@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope Are you still there? I have editing to do.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope You scary. (but I suppose I can be scary at times too. I have a very good Gollum/Sméagol imitation.) 🙂 I talk to myself to, but only absentmindedly, and afterward I can’t remember any conversations I had with myself. So weird.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope-ann Girl, you scary. (but I suppose I can be scary at times too. I have a very good Gollum/Sméagol imitation. 🙂 I talk to myself to, but only absentmindedly, and afterward I can’t remember any conversations I had with myself. So weird.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer @aella @dragon-snapper @daeus I’m going to be writing for the next few hours, trying to get 3000 words in, if anyone wants to join in.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Jess Exactly! I’m INTJ too. 😉 But while I’m not heartless, I take a certain amount of gleeful pleasure out of being viewed as heartless, with ice in my blood, etc. Don’t as us, ahem, me why. Yes, I talk to myself in my mind. First person, second person, even third person… *glances to either side warily* Wes not completely insane, preciouses? Are wes?
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Jess Exactly! I’m INTJ too. 😉 But while I’m not heartless, I take a certain amount of gleeful pleasure out of being viewed as heartless, with ice in my blood, etc. Don’t as us, ahem, me why. Yes, I talk to myself in my mind. First person, second person, even third person… *glances to either side warily* Wes not completely insane, preciouses? Are wes?
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess Yes, I think that a downfall in most modern writers these days is that the villain side of them always wins. We need to be that light by emphasizing that what is evil is evil and what is good is good.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise … Yeah, what have I begun? It doesn’t have to be only scary stuff though, it can be the good stuff to. Actually,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess Yes, I think that a downfall in most modern writers these days is that the villain side of them always wins. We need to be that light by emphasizing that what is evil is evil and what is good is good.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise … Yeah, what have I begun? It doesn’t have to be only scary stuff though, it can be the good stuff to. Actually,…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Well, my definition of feminism is like strictly making sure that women have in general equal rights with men. Once people talk about referring to Captainesses because the term Captain is male, that’s not feminism. That’s being a self-centered jerk. And true feminism at its core is biblical. At least that’s my belief.
@Mark-Kamibaya You mean…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Well, my definition of feminism is like strictly making sure that women have in general equal rights with men. Once people talk about referring to Captainesses because the term Captain is male, that’s not feminism. That’s being a self-centered jerk. And true feminism at its core is biblical. At least that’s my belief.
@Mark-Kamibaya You mean…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H I haven’t seen any of the movies, and to tell you the truth I’m a little leery of doing so. I don’t want to watch one that ruins the story, as so many movies do of books. Have you watched any? I would love to watch an accurate one, but I don’t know if there are any.
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic It's Time for War. ~NaNoWriMo'16~ in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hello fellow NaNo-ers. I’ll tell you what happened. I wasn’t going to do NaNoWriMo this year. But then it was the night of the 31st and there I stood listing off the reasons I wasn’t doing NaNo and they weren’t good enough. So here I am NaNoWriMo-ing with you (or suppose to be but instead I’m telling you about it here on the forum :p)
If a…[Read more] -
BlueJay changed their profile picture 9 years, 11 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Signet Ring in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
… @warrioroftherealm
I think I should be worried now for Dragons and my kind. First, it was a dragon eye, and now its dragon wings… what. have. you. done?
😀 -
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Signet Ring in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
Thanks guys!
I think what I am going to use is a broadsword flanked by dragon wings on either side.
However, my character has his eyes set on the throne, so he might have a crown or something similar on his signet ring…
I’ll have to add that in.Since signet rings are used commonly in medieval and fantasy books, I invite…[Read more]
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic Villain Reveal in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
You guessed it…
There definitely are legends of this villain, and the characters are definitely familiar with them. About meeting him, the characters do have to meet him, otherwise the villain would not necessarily work for what I am trying to do. What was different about your version of this problem (with your story)?Jackson…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Don’t worry, @aella ! Bad writing is just good writing in progress. 😉 🙂 You’re doing great!
Also, don’t be afraid to quit (or do your own thing) later on if you find the NANOWRIMO schedule is making you into an “angry writer,” what I call myself when word counts become more important than my story and my writing suffers (and I suffer) because…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Don’t worry, @aella ! Bad writing is just good writing in progress. 😉 🙂 You’re doing great!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Something less Cliche than Plague in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess … Hmm. Good question. It really depends on what type of thing you like to read. I mean, it’s very actiony, but not in a medieval sort of way. Its like any Marvel movie, without the superpowers, and its a book, and the main characters are kids. People die like, every few books, which I don’t like.
But I really am not sure because I read…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone!
New topic by Dragon Snapper…again. 😀 Well, I just made this topic becaue I know that we as writers all get some pretty crazy ides, and from that, crazy realizations. So anything crazy that we writers come up with that pertain to ourselves, stories, or simply life, we could post it up here.
Mainly for me, I’ve realized that as…[Read more] - Load More
