@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Well yeah… in real life. XD
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ah! *hides from the severity*
And I’m of the coach stereotype if I’m not mistaken.
And my fencing coach was awesome.
So I gues that means you’re wrong. *looks at my logic* Yes, I think I proved that sufficiently. Coaches are great.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Murtagh was actually my favorite character
Well good. You’re not totally without hope then. 😉
Roran does get better— now that you reminded me of how muddy his beginning as a hero was, I remember disliking him intensely as well. His journey was interesting; not a typical one. Finish the series, then tell me what you thought.
And I don’t…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also heard they might do a tv series. My friend had the idea (the super fantastic idea) that they should end each series by doing a full length movie just showing the battles at the end.
@emma-flournoy
Well, mainly he doesn’t interact as much. He had a lot of internal monologue, of which I am one of the greatest sceptics even though I use…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh and @Daeus, how did you like Murtagh?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Okay. Should’ve known you were kidding. 😛 What specifically don’t you like about Roran? I don’t think he’s just awesome myself, but I like other characters less, including Oromis. I don’t like the elves. Do you like Eragon or Sapphira? (Say no about Eragon. He’s just meh.)
I know, I don’t think he’s a Christian either.…[Read more] -
BlueJay replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer & @jess I can write too. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Murtagh. You’re probably talking about Murtagh. Excellent choice. 😉
And as for diagnosing your problem, it’s probably just a question of what kind of reader you are. There are two types of readers (and incidentally two types of writers). Those who care most about the characters and relationships and subtext, and those who care…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus wow, really. I thought you would like Roran for sure. Oromis… I hate Oromis. 😛 I guess it’s just a matter of taste.
Yeah, I know what you mean. It’s sad too, because he was homeschooled. 🙁
Come to think of it, none of the elves really did much for me. They just kept getting weirder and weirder… I do like Orik though. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I don’t like Roran. I thought I would at first, but then when he actually became a MC, I was like, “blah”. He, Sloan, and Katrina are the worst characters in my opinion. And Brom was terrible to begin with, but after a few chapters I started to like him.
That cripple rider, Orimis I think his name is, is probably my favorite character so…[Read more]
-
Mallory O'Bier replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Anyone up to writing for about 2 hours? (or less?)
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yeah. The movie was bad.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yeah. The movie was bad. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh and something I meant to say: if you value your sanity, DO. NOT. WATCH. THE. MOVIE. It’s awful. 😛 It’s basically only the first book, but it’s terrible. *groan*
It would be so nice to have a good one!! -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
ACK!! MOST LOVELY TOPIC IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!! *devours it*
I have been waiting for a chance to go off on this for AGES. Thank you, @Daeus! *thunderous applause*Okay. So yeah. I basically agree with all your points. I have a love/hate relationship with the Inheritance Cycle. There were some really, really awesome elements, and then there…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Sloan? Honestly? 😛 I don’t really like Katrina either. What about Roran? Do you like him?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Alright @emma-flournoy, I’ll have my eyes peeled for this mystery person.
Right now I was thinking either Sloan or Katrina for my favorite.
*Patiently waits*
tick… tick… -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Why Paolini works (or doesn't) in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh this topic is gonna be good. Wait till Kate gets here. She’s going to have the time of her life. 😉
If you’re only on the second book and you’re liking it, wait till you get to the last one. It’s the best for sure.
I don’t just love the series as a whole, but I adore certain aspects. I can’t stand Paolini’s writing style, and yes I wondered…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
Sorry, I can’t be of any assistance. 🙁 I wish I knew some British people, though. 😀
- Load More
