@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I really like the last set of names better.
My book is so far titled Name of Duretish. -
Rolena Hatfield replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Mmmmmm… such a lovely film.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
One of my absolute favorite movies, guys, is Rigoletto. It’s kinda old-ish so most of you probably haven’t even heard of it, but it is SO GOOD. The theme is tremendously well done— ‘an ugly heart is worse than an ugly face,’ and ‘Ignorance is the ugliest prejudice of all.’
And it’s completely a family film— we all watch it, down to the…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya
I found the movie I’m Not Ashamed to be shockingly powerful. The theme of standing up for your faith even when you’re surrounded by people who will ridicule you and, basically, make life miserable, is something that I think most people struggle with, so it struck me very deeply just because I can relate to it, while also encouraging…[Read more] -
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy I actually haven’t seen it. I looked it up and saw it’s an adaption of a Thomas Hardy work. I did enjoy the one book I’ve read by Hardy, so between that and your recommendation, I may have to check it out!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien
I find that first person works better if I want a deeper connection with my character and their emotions. Not being an overly emotional person myself, it forces me to be more in tune with what’s going on in their heads. Nevertheless, for some reason I almost always write in third person. Don’t ask me why.And you can call me…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@SleepwalkingMK Yay! You just wait. It gets better and better. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Blank Mastermind in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 10 months ago
@SleewalkingMK Yay! You just wait. It gets better and better. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Good to know we won’t be killed for listing books. 😉 Why is it harder to find books than movies? Because of where you live?
A Tale of Two Cities for the theme of sacrifice and true, Christ-like love. Book and movie. Seriously, that one is so. awesome. I cried my heart out because of it, but it was so well pulled off. Do you know…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien But Kili died in the book too, so he should have in the movie!! In the book he and Fili died together though, defending Thorin. I so wish it had been that way in the movie. Have you read the book?
Yeah, the alternated “Misty Mountains” one is neat.@Mark-Kamibaya *abruptly ceases the nodding* 😀 I don’t want to lose my head.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha. Ha. Ha.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
What? That’s crazy, Kate. Can’t believe it.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I like the last ones better.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh @Daeus that example is second person writing? Okay, that makes sense now. How convenient. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien I don’t think I have any lung problems…but thanks, I’ll try not to get bronchitis. 😛 Oh, and that is SO CUTE about your two year old brother!! And yes, I’ve been following Blank Mastermind since the fourth installment. 😀 For awhile.
Did you see the BM topic @Writefury started?
I generally like reading third person best,…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus yes, that’s better. Great point. Did I mention I love Kylo Ren? 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I guess that’s true. The Hans scene still works though, because the whole thing was how much compassion Ben felt for him, but he still killed him anyways. I guess that’s how I should have phrased my point. Make the villains feel their consciences very strongly and then go out and deny them.
@anne-of-lothlorien Second person is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I guess that’s true. The Hans scene still works though, because the whole thing was how much compassion Ben felt for him, but he still killed him anyways. I guess that’s how I should have phrased my point. Make the villains feel their consciences very strongly and then go out and deny them.
@anne-of-lothorien Second person is…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I write in both first and third person. I love them both. Some stories fit first person and some third person. Then there is Scarlet Rose where I flip between first person, present tense, and third person past tense. It works really well. 🙂
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Inspirational Songs and Music Videos in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya – Hee. Hee. I realized that once. I ‘went off in sobs of anguish’ over @writefury‘s serial story once (seriously read that) and realized that I never technically said I stopped, so I’ve been weeping for weeks. Which i almost have. Her story’s a real heart-wrencher.
- Load More
