@mark-kamibaya
Active 7 years, 11 months ago- Rank: Knight in Shining Armor
- Total Posts: 318
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope me. See ya at 4:00.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope aha, so I’m not the only one who freaks out at being the only adult in creaky houses at night… XD
Actually sometimes I freak myself out on purpose just for the experience. Like, walking home in the dark. I KNOW if I start thinking about freaky things I’m going to freak out, but I do it anyway. *shrug* What’s life without a little imagination? 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope aha, so I’m not the only one who freaks out at being the only adult in creaky houses at night… XD
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@overcomer @daeus @kate-flournoy @aella @jess @dragon-snapper @the-bean @anyone I’m going to be writing for the next hour if anyone else is on.
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal I don’t generally do that, but sometimes I’ll take what is happening and use it to make a scene more realistic. Like once I was in charge of the house while Mom and Dad were gone overnight, and all the creaking through the night freaked me out, then I used the emotions from that ‘scene’ in a similar scene in a book where a princess is…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean huh. That’s really cool.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I haven’t started a topic in forever guys… I know I’ve not been on here much. I haven’t abandoned you, I promise. Life though. 😛
I just wanted to take a minute to talk about a not-so-pretty-nor-poetic aspect of the writerly way— writer’s cramp. I’ve struggled with this myself ever since I wrote my first four books out by hand in spiral-spine…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal first of all just let me say this is really weird, because INTJ females are supposed to be as rare as unicorns, but we have at least three on this site— you, @Hope, and @Jess. KP must be a magnet for all things rare and fascinating. 😛
And second of all, I honestly don’t know. If I’m going through an intense emotional phase (of any…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Anyone ever noticed how events in their life somehow end up in their writing? Like a couple months ago, I went through a minor depression, due to my INTJ tendencies to suppress my emotions, and rereading some of the things I’d written then, I noticed they all had a darker atmosphere than most of my other writing. I also had a character who ended…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Whoops. @Mark-Kamibaya
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Agh, I know. *grimace* This might sound bad, but that’s a problem sometimes with kings and preachers especially—they’re so intent on shepherding their flock or country that they neglect the shepherding of their children.
Does it ever shock you that we have almost the whole book of Proverbs from Solomon, especially with all the stuff about…[Read more] -
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Actually, I realized in your link it listed the sounds/letters used in all the close rhymes. Whoops. Forget my second to last post. 🙂
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham -
Hope Ann replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper No, but I’ll be formatting an ebook for another half-hour or so.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose @hope @overcomer @daeus @kate-flournoy @aella @jess @anyone else
Writing tonight? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Let me put it this way. Parents must try their hardest to be awesome parents. That’s what God wants. But the kids might turn out to be nasty people no matter what the parenting. If the parents actually parented well then they aren’t responsible. Kids, after all, have free will.
@Mark-Kamibaya Well, you’re right. 😛 I do think a child will be [Read more]
-
Jackson Graham changed their profile picture 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha, forgot another question. About the XXAA rhyme scheme—what rhyme would classify as an X line? Why would this be called XXAA instead of BBAA, if you know what I mean?
Sorry I’m asking so many questions. This whole songwriting thing is really intriguing. When I was studying poetry for school, I didn’t pay much attention. Bad m…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya OK, so I guess that means you follow American news pretty closely. 😀
Yes, we can always trust God to do His perfect will. That’s one of my favorite things ever. 😉
And yay for the Cubs! Even though I don’t watch sports. 😛 I love it when the underdogs win.
-
Jackson Graham replied to the topic How to write song lyrics – Help! in the forum Music 9 years, 10 months ago
Thanks for the clarification dude! 🙂
Could you give an example of a fricative rhyme (& specific letters/sounds) and specific letters/sounds in nasal rhyme? Looked it up on the internet and couldn’t seem to find this.
Jackson E. Graham
http://jacksonegraham.wixsite.com/jackson-e-graham -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Serious?

There. Not serious anymore. No one can take that guy seriously. XD
I think it’s just because we’ve all got political burnout and are used to hotly disagreeing with people on this subject. Thank goodness for KP where disagreement is civil. 😛But you’re right. We do still have a lot to be thankful for. And God’s sovereignty is very…[Read more]
- Load More
