-
Loopy replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@jonas That’s a cool system. So soulforging works on any metal object? Do you have any characters with enchanted jewelry then?
-
Loopy replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@rae Reading your magic system was really interesting! I love it. I didn’t realize Chase and Baron were from the same world
-
Loopy replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Your magic system has some interesting parallels to a magic system called Awakening from a book called Warbreaker. Have you heard of or read it?
No I haven’t, but it sounds interesting.
If you want me to, I can give you a brief description of how it works.)
Sure! (Don’t worry, I won’t plagiarize lol)
What is the process of using Ink to b…
-
whaley changed their profile picture 1 year, 8 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Fantasy/Modern School AU RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Oki-doki. I have to catch up on some work, so I might not reply immediately, sorry about that.
Barnes
Barnes listened, and then replied quietly as the two young men thought. “I understand you aren’t too hopeful about this whole thing. But think for a second about the school you were transferred to. Your leaders must n…[Read more]
-
Loopy replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
@whalekeeper @rae Thank you for the compliments, kind strangers whose names I do not recognize 🩷
-
whaley replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
You can start with a blurb if you’ve written one! :]
-
whaley replied to the topic My New/Old WIP! in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
*Subscribing*
-
whaley replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Loopy replied to the topic Fantasy Adventure RP in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
AHHH YOU HOPPED ON THE TREND TOOOOO
THIS TREND SLAAAAAAYYYYS ✨
but most of the time they can simply pull moisture from the air and rehydrate.
Mooooost of the time. Except when they’re in the desert. 😁 Or if they get freeze-dried and packaged. (That got dark…)
If a Pitt can’t sing, they can’t control the plants as they do not…
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
They don’t have blood, but if cut the wound will spill light that in turn heals it.
That’s some cool concept imagery. 😎
So there are “laws unbreakable” like the cost of reason and the concept of ransom blood which are deep in the fabric of the world.
How does the concept of ransom blood work? What are some of the other unbre…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Literally everyone loves your concept, so you’ve got originality conquered and in the bag, girl. XD
I love it so much but it loves to frustrate me and taunt me with its vagueness. Maybe you guys could help me make it make sense?
Ideas ideas
– An Ink drawing melts away after a certain time limit
– After the artist draws something, they…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks for the debriefing! I’ve read up on these concepts before, but it’s been so long since I focused on them, that I felt you were better able to summarize these things.
Of these, I think effects is actually the least important. Access and costs can both be very important, but cost probably a bit more so.
Definitely agree with this. Any…[Read more]
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Aaand I’ll reply to everyone else, but I have to go. *Poofs away*
-
whaley replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
That type of randomness must be preserved.
I agree. You can definitely keep that vibe and just make up the rules for yourself so you stay consistent. You wouldn’t have to tell anyone the rules of the system.
It seems like your magic comes from fantastical animals. I don’t know if that’s true, but I do think that would be a great source of…[Read more]
-
whaley's profile was updated 1 year, 8 months ago
-
Loopy replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks! I guess it just sounds worse in my head.
It seems a bit limitless to me, I guess. It can bring anything to life, including just plain drawings made with the ink (Benny, from the adventure role play, if you remember him). Is that too overpowered or vague? I could just be too hypercritical of my own writing lol
-
Loopy replied to the topic The Chat Chat in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
Yall keep changing your names and I get confused thinking there’s new people online when there aren’t. My tiny brain can’t handle it. I don’t even know who I’m talking to anymore. XD
-
Loopy replied to the topic Magic Systems in the forum General Writing Discussions 1 year, 8 months ago
I have a sort-of magic system. It has many, many problems. I love it so much but it loves to frustrate me and taunt me with its vagueness. Maybe you guys could help me make it make sense?
Inky magic system
Basic idea: Ink is a dark liquid substance found in the earth that has the ability to give life. It brings to life the inanimate objects it…[Read more]
- Load More
