-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I Finished! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@Winter-Rose *throws glitter* Woot! How exciting! Here’s to Rook, your birthday, and all your adult writing adventures to come! *throws more glitter*
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 2 months ago
And my little peanut, Lotch.

-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 2 months ago
*claps hands over other characters’ ears* My favorite character, Emolas.

-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years, 2 months ago
Guys, this has become my new favorite thread. All these collages are beautiful. Aaaaand… you’ve inspired me. Behold.

My protagonist, Liriel.
(Imma tag @Kate-Flournoy, in case you’re interested. I don’t think I showed you this one.)
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Why does everyone keep stealing my names??? in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 2 months ago
@hope I’m going to pop in, even though I somehow managed to miss this entire thread. My life.
*ahem* That. Is. Gorgeous. Kate, you have skills. However, next to the super bold W, the L looks somewhat like a decorative flourish, and not, in fact, an L. But other than that, it’s lovely.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hey there everyone! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@seekjustice Yes! Homeschool is awesome! What’s your favorite aspect of it?
Fantasy! Fantasy! I’ve written one fantasy novel, and most of my other writing is fantasy, but now, my WIP is sci-fi.
What’s your favorite genre of music to listen to? -
Snapper replied to the topic Hey there everyone! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@seek-justice Yes! Homeschool is awesome! What’s your favorite aspect of it?
Fantasy! Fantasy! I’ve written one fantasy novel, and most of my other writing is fantasy, but now, my WIP is sci-fi. -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello! *waves ecstatically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@countryjournalist2002 Hi and Hi times 2!
Welcome to Kingdom Pen!
Guitar! Yay! I love guitar! How long have you been playing?
So, how do you film-make? Do you write scripts, or do you have all the camera gear and everything? -
Emily D posted an update 9 years, 2 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Hi! I saw that you like philosophy. Just wondering, do you like Francis Shaeffer’s books?
-
Emily D posted an update 9 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I just saw that the Black Arrow is one of your favourite books! I’m doing it for read aloud at the moment (hadn’t read it before), and it’s way up there! I think it might end up being one of my favourite books-it’s so AWESOME!!! We are up to the part where Seldon has just died. I love the part where Matcham…[Read more]
-
Emily D posted an update 9 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hey there Dragon Snapper!! I remember that you liked Newsboys…do you like their album Restart? I’m listening to it now 😛
By the way, I’m sorry this is so late, but congrats on being superhero of the month! I’m so happy that you got it, I know that you are so encouraging and really help me, and I loved how you welcomed me…[Read more]
-
@emily-d Yes! Restart! I love those songs!
And thank you! It’s encouraging to hear that I can be helpful. 😀 -
@dragon-snapper 🙂 🙂 🙂 You’re welcome.
-
-
Emily D replied to the topic Poetry Rythm in the forum Poetry 9 years, 2 months ago
@widdrim So sorry that I haven’t replied sooner. LOL, Anne of Green Gables-it’s hard to forget. I do like it though. I’ve seen the first two, and I used to like the second better, but I watched it soooo many times that now I like the first one better. Did you enjoy it (sorry I couldn’t gather the answer from your comment :()
-
ClaireC and
Anna Brie are now friends 9 years, 2 months ago -
ClaireC replied to the topic Hello! *waves ecstatically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@countryjournalist2002, Hey stranger! Welcome, Welcome.
Let me call my fellow weirdos.;)
@kate-flournoy
@dragon-snapper
@daeus
@emma-flournoy
@rolena-hatfield
@jane-maree
@perfectfifths*note – I’m sticking to the rules, @rolena-hatfield! 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hello! *waves ecstatically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 2 months ago
@countryjournalist2002, Hey stranger! Welcome, Welcome.
Let me call my fellow weirdos.;)
@kate-flournoy
@dragon-snapper
@daeus
@emma-flournoy
@rolena-hatfeild
@jane-maree
@perfect-fifths*note – I’m sticking to the rules, @rolena-hatfield! 🙂
-
ClaireC and
Danae C are now friends 9 years, 2 months ago -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@bethansinkyroses Woot! Too bad I’m leaving now. Hey all, @graciegirl, @winter-rose, @daughteroftheking, I’m breaking for supper. Whether I return or not still hangs in the balance.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@winter-rose @graciegirl @ethryndal
I must away, friends. I go to guitaring. Farewell!
I planned out the basic plotline for a short story for the Rooglewood contest. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@winter-rose FRODO! I brought some taters!

-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #6 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 2 months ago
@graciegirl @ethryndal @winter-rose *whooshes in on a ball of fire with epic music playing in the background* I am here! I’ll be brainstorming, plotting, and writing.
- Load More

@emily-d I’m not familiar with Shaeffer. I did google him though and I recognize one of his books–True Spirituality. Why do you ask?
@mark-kamibaya Just wondering :). He’s about the only philosopher I’ve heard of and actually read some of his work :P. He was a really great author though.
@emily-d Ok. I should probs check him out. Philosophy in general is such a vast field that it’s hard to find good people in it. I normally read of the erroneous views of old-timey people like Nietzsche and Voltaire. But now I’m trying to saturate myself with the Christian philosophers (aka theologians) like Jonathan Edwards.
Wow I’ve heard of him! I’ve read Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper and he quoted Jonathan Edwards quite a bit. He sounded really good. Whenever I think of the term “philosopher” I think of Socrates, Plato, et cetera, but it’s nice to be reminded that there’s a Christian side to it!
Yes! John Piper actually chose Jonathan Edwards as the one theologian he would try to study the most of. There’s a John Piper book I’m reading that is split into two parts. The first part is Piper deconstructing Edwards and analyzing his work. The second part is one of Edwards’ greatest works, “The End For Which God Created The World.” The book…[Read more]
And, surprisingly, I actually don’t read much of Plato or Socrates. I mostly read of philosophers in the last four centuries with an emphasis on the modern (cuz they’re easier to read) 😀