-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Not from what I know of. If you’re worried that the character arc isn’t going to fit in your book, then I’d shorten it, but the characters is what carries your story. The character arc should not be immediate or too small. Character arcs can last for a few books maybe too, if its a major life aspect.
But if you think about, our lives…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@livylynn Yes, you definitely need to go again. They’ve added a lot of new attractions. However, if you are a Star Wars fan, I recommend postponing your trip until the new Star Wars area is opened in Hollywood Studios (if you can wait that long). 😉 If you ever need any DW tips, let me know, I have loads of them. What are your favorite Disney…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Welcome!
@that_writer_Girl_99 Motion Picture class? That sounds like so much fun! I’ve looked into scriptwriting before, and yeah, the format is odd. I find Times Roman much more friendly. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @daeus @that_writer_Girl_99 @catwing @epicaddie2 I’m writing now, and might do some editing later, but whoever wants to join me…
-
Grace H. started the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Hi everyone! Over the summer I wrote a 30,000 word fanfiction — longest completed writing project ever! Yay.
Anyhow, I’m revising it and publishing it weekly on Wattpad. The main element of this narrative (as it is for many fiction stories) is dialogue, and I was struck by how hard it is to get it balanced/realistic.
I think one of my main…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Signing out now. 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
*peers into murky blackness of the internet* Anyone home??? I’m writing if anyone wants to join me. *thoughtful look* Who is this ‘anyone’ person, anyway? 😛
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Book Length in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Thanks, @livylynn. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g @catwing Welp, I’m signing out now. I wrote 1030!
And thank you so much for the popcorn and ice cream! He helped me get past the really really really really really dry chapter/scene! 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g Popcorn!! Popcorn and swords! Give me!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@salome01w4g Swords!!!
Man, I kinda miss those.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@catwing Hiya!
I will take the ice cream!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@seekjustice @daughteroftheking @catwing @daeus @epicaddie2 Me and my headphones are going to force Dragon Snapper to write this terrible chapter.
Who’s with me?
-
Snapper started the topic Of Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Heya Kapeefers!
I needeth opinions.
After various consideration, I’ve come across the conclusion that perhaps some sci-fi and fantasy names are a bit to…crazy.
I mean, the most famous names in fiction are Harry and Luke and Frodo and Bilbo. None of which are overly complicated or hard to pronounce.
So what about you? What do you think is…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic For all who love speculative fiction in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
Goody good! I’m looking forward to this. 😀
-
ClaireC replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
Our winter’s generally somewhere between 51 – 69 (Fahrenheit). Our summer’s anywhere from 77 – 107 (Fahrenheit). Queensland summers are also incredibly humid, so it always feels a lot hotter than it is. 🙁 Christmas day is usually spent in the pool! And no, I don’t like the hot weather. Some days it’s okay, and I admit that I do like swimming, but…[Read more]
-
Snapper posted an update 9 years ago
@f5a8c3e92 Ooh, is your Cover Image the Master Sword? You like Zelda? 😀 😀 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@catwing No! No! *facepalm*
Here. If I must be Chosen Kid, then there’s also Chosen King and Chosen Kate. The Three Chosen ‘K’s. XD
But I’ll go by Chosen One.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@jane-maree That first one is cool! I especially like that picture in the corner with the girl and the stars. And the characters in the second collage look like people I’d want to get to know. 🙂
@salome01w4g That castle is epic.
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@emma-flournoy Thanks so much! It’s definitely been different, but in a good way. I’ve nothing to complain of… yet. 😉
@clairec Yes, but at least I have an end in sight! How cool does it get there during your winter? Do you prefer the hotter or cooler weather?
@f5a8c3e92 Isn’t it great? 😀 - Load More
