-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
Ooohh @dragon-snapper those are really cool.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@dragon-snapper Ooh! That one’s cool too! Keep up the good work! 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@dragon-snapper Wow! Your collage is super cool! I can’t wait to see more!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@emily Yeah, he’s the only actor so far that looks like Ike. XD
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@Salome01w4g @corissa-maiden-of-praise @graciegirl @hope @kate-flournoy @emily @shannon @winter-rose @catwing @daeus
So up to now my book has remained a pretty big mystery. I haven’t really said anything as to names or plot or stuff. But here’s a collage for one of my MCs, Ike, in my WIP: SECTOR ONE: INSURRECTION.

*sits back, not tense and not…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@that_writer_Girl_99 Wow…I’m sure what everyone else has said is good meats. Listen to them. Though I am curious as to what you will do in the end. Let me know, por favor.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@gh24682468999 Woah…nice long tag. 😛
Well…I’m not quite sure how to help you here–dialogue has usually been natural for me. I learned mostly by observation in reading. Some books have some really good dialogue, and somehow, when I was ten, managed to soak that up.
So I guess what I’m saying here is that definitely observing what other…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Prison Problem… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@That_Writer_Girl_99 They gave you good answers. O.O
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic New Website Party! in the forum Announcements 9 years ago
@clairec Ugh, humidity is definitely the worst. 🙁 Winter doesn’t sound too bad though; maybe I’ll have to come visit sometime. 😉
-
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Of Names in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
Oh goodness, names… what makes them too much… let’s see.
I’d say that most everything has already been said- I especially agree with Josiah about making sure the names sound like they’re from a similar culture for everyone within the same culture of your story. But then, maybe you have someone with a name from a different culture, and maybe it…[Read more] -
Corissa Maiden of Praise replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 9 years ago
@graciegirl Thanks!
@emily No problem. 😉 Anytime! 😀 -
Grace H. replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@daeus Yes, it definitely helps! The contrast between the two scenarios is really cool. Thanks 🙂
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Thanks for the advice! I’ll keep that in mind.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 No, it’s definitely helpful. It’s an interesting way to think about it actually, since I feel like a lot of actual conversations have small talk that wouldn’t have a place in a story when you’re trying to move the plot forward. I’m not sure about having characters saying “um” a lot when they’re speaking. I’ve written some conversations…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Smooth/Effective Dialogue in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@perfectfifths Yes, it helps, thanks 🙂 I feel like my writing would flow better if I could do the thing without taglines, but every other line some character has to have a reaction… and it makes me annoyed at myself.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Hello, Kingdom Writers! in the forum Start HERE 9 years ago
@lifeofkatie You’ve been to Disney World? 😮
-
Snapper replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
This doesn’t have to do with being a writer, but the problems I have as a writer when I have a writer fail moment.
ME: What color hair does this character have?
SIBLING: I don’t know. Depending on the scene, it varies from black to blonde.XD I’ve never had a character who can change hair color from scene to scene.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #9 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years ago
@epicaddie2 Byeeeeeeeeeee!! XD
- Load More
