-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily Enya! (Watch, I’m not going to die this time) *lives* Isn’t it awesome! 😀
Well, I was listening to some videogame music, but it was scratchy, so I turned to my battle playlist.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily … Um… *shrugs* Maybe it comes from the term, “It’s to die for…” ? Which never made sense to me because if you died for it then you can’t have it. Okay, so I didn’t die. I pretended to die. I’m still alive!

-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@emily I have never heard of Tree of Life, but that title makes me wanna listen to it! Sounds awesome
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hello, @aratrea!! Better late than never! I do feel welcome! Please tell your brother that he’s nuts, but also pretty cool. And I said hi. 😉
Hi, @emma-flournoy! Well, fall has FINALLLLYYYY arrived in Texas! It’s so cool, and wonderful! And sunny! I like to call it, “Roll-Down-The-Car-Window-And-Pant-Like-A-Dog season.” XD Of course, it’ll…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
It kinda disconnects me in a way. Even in third person narratives, you can reach this point where you feel like stuff in the story is happening right now. But dairy entries interrupt that for me. They serve as a constant reminder that the action I am reading about has happened already which is a bit distancing. Maybe it’s just me.
Nope. I’m w…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Is This Any Good? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Keep writing it, and if it still feels worthless, stop. 😛 As of right now though, it is pretty cool. His POV is intriguing. I think mostly only writers would understand—at least really GET—a story like this though, not regular readers…
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #10 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@allison-grace @emily @ingridrd @daeus @catwing @epicaddie2 Baring unforeseen circumstances such as dog or something else, I’m writing for the next hourish.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Welcome @Dekreel! My family used to live in TX, and it IS WAY TOO HOT.
Glad you came on the forum. 😀 -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Kapeefer Poem in the forum Poetry 8 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien Haha!!!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Golden Ziggurat in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus This is the 3rd Person thingy, right? But regardless, yup. It might be closer to two weeks depending on what comes up though. Me and my notorious slow reading. :/
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
I love Audiomachine music. @emily TREE OF LIFE!!! *dies* So beautiful!
Although I think one song that I really think is inspiring is by Enya, The River Sings. I love that one…very hero-returns-from-journey-ish.
For my upcoming WIP, I find that Stained Glass by Jon Guerra is perfect. It’s basically for his character arc.
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
Hiya, @epicaddie2! My favorite character in the Wingfeather Saga is Janner. I like Kalmar and Artham a lot, too. Ikr, the last book! I cried both times I read it. I totally agree, Peterson is awesome. Have you heard his music. He writes really good music, too, and his voice is awesome.
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Story Theme Songs in the forum Music 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd I love listening to soundtracks – they often remind me of my daydreamed stories. It’s awesome. Have you heard the song “Shells” from the Finding Dory movie. It’s the song that’s playing when Dory (SPOILER ALERT!!!) reunites with her parents. When I hear that song, I also think of reunion or reconciliation.
@emily So yeah I would highly…[Read more]
-
Joy and
Gracie are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Hey y’all! @allison-grace @catwing @jess-penrose @xonos-darkgrate @daughteroftheking @seekjustice @ingridrd So, I think that I will just put up some interesting quotes…
“You can make anything by writing.” -C. S. Lewis
“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” -Louis L’Amour
“Either write…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Greetings in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing Beast?? Hmmm… A ghastly and powerful monster; a henchman, serving the despicable Shaavra! Or at least that’s what’s on the profile photo. 🙂
I don’t have a specific genre I like to write in. I’m writing a Sci-fi/Fantasy novella though!
- Load More

