-
Joy replied to the topic Su cuy'gar! (Translation: Hello!) in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 11 months ago
So very welcome, @supermonkey42!! My name’s Dekreel. Glad you’re here! 😉
SO, you’re a huge Star Wars fan? I’m more of a Doctor Who fan, but I also like Star Wars. 🙂 I need to watch it again. I liked Episode 7, and am excited about episode 8! Have you seen Rogue One? Is it any good? -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Homework for Video 5: Character Arc in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 11 months ago
@aratrea Thank you! I’m sorry; I was in the States over the summer with an unexpected cutoff from the internet so I missed a lot. But now I’m back and continuing on 🙂
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd They’re nice Ingrid! 🙂
@emily I likey? Sounds like something I would say! Are we related? 😛
@aislinn-mollisong Wow, they’re great! Thanks! Especially love that last one…:)
-
Joy replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal The things that came to my mind were…
Sparkles. Lots of sparkles.
Singing. Everybody singing.
A princess with a beautiful crown in a large, elegant castle.
Fairies taking care of the crops, the plants and the animals.
Color, optimism and joy all around.Basically every little girl’s dreams come true
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ethryndal Hmm…when I think of fairytales what comes to mind is apples, slippers, princesses, magic mirrors, stepmothers and stepsisters, castles, knights, dragons, fairies, elves, dwarfs, trolls, love’s first kiss, sleeping, roses, being betrothed to a guy you don’t want to marry due to the royal marriage customs, swans, frogs, talking f…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal started the topic Fairytale Expectations in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
Guys. I have a question.
When you know that a book is a fairy tale, what do you automatically assume will happen? What direction do you expect the plot to go, what kind of characters do you expect to meet, what plot twists do you expect to happen, etc?
For instance, I always assume there will be a romance.
Also, I wouldn’t mind hearing all the…[Read more]
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy and
TheAcornman are now friends 8 years, 11 months ago -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-Eaton I really need to read something by that Peterson guy sometime… Or both of them, as the case may be. What’s A.S. Peterson’s A name? But Andrew Peterson, author of the W. Saga, is the guy with all the great songs, right?
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Homework for Video 5: Character Arc in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 11 months ago
@aratrea
Beginning: Protagonist lives for herself. She thinks her way is the best way for her, and anyone who gets in the way or hinders her doesn’t deserve her love or loyalty.
Middle: Protagonist realizes she was wrong and selfish, and tries to make it up to her parents and siblings by dedicating her loyalty to them. She lives to help them and b…[Read more] -
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Discussion for Video Five: Character Arcs in the forum Discussion Questions 8 years, 11 months ago
Wow! This lesson was amazing. I’m noticing that, from what I’ve come up with and from what others have said, most of the things that make people change inside are outside circumstances, like losing someone you love, losing a job, getting a new job, etc.
For me, I changed for the worse first and then for the better when my family moved overseas.…[Read more]
-
Emily D replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you read the famous writers’ works that everyone else will only read because they’re forced to in Lit in Year 10 (hurray for us homeschoolers haha).
-
Emily D replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
You know you’re a writer when you see everyone around you as inspiration for potential book characters.
-
Emily D replied to the topic Inspiration Board in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd @salome01w4g @emily Thanks 🙂 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Favorite Book? in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@catwing *heart swells in delight* Zita the Spacegirl!!!!!!! I love those books! BTW his name is “Hatke” :-3
I follow the comics online – we don’t have newspaper either. 😉
What’s Mighty Jack about? I didn’t know he wrote anything else other than Zita. -
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@christi-eaton Howl’s Moving Castle is a book?! Who wrote it? 😀
OOOOH, A.S. Peterson! I didn’t know he wrote books! Isn’t he Andrew Peterson’s son? I might just check him out -
Joy replied to the topic Inktober in the forum Art 8 years, 11 months ago
@cloudy, Apologies for being a little late… Those are all awesome!
@christi-eaton you said they are “ink pictures.” Do they have to be drawn completely in ink, or could I like outline it in pencil, cause I like doing that. Or do you not know that? I like drawing too, so I wanna check this out…
-
Joy replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@salome01w4g Don’t worry, I don’t… read much fantasy either. *glances around nervously to see if anyone looks ready to cast me out*
-
Joy started the topic So…I need some MORE advice in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @dragon-snapper, @daughteroftheking, @jane-maree, @that_writer_girl_99,
@any other eloquent advisers?As some of you probably know, I have been working on a novella, but I have a problem. When I write, everything has to be perfect, so I constantly go back and revise the stuff I’d already written in the novella; I’m not moving…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Please critique this story! in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd Ow… Well thanks for officially breaking my heart. There should be some sort of warning at the beginning about the strong and sometimes fatal emotions this story will produce.
I love the tone. As I think someone already said, it’s very wistful and nostalgic—quite lovely. Quite sad. Beautifully done, mellon nin.
- Load More
