-
Rochellaine changed their profile picture 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I like poetry, but mostly the classic poets, such as Tennyson or Longfellow. My favorite kind, however, is comic poetry such as that written by W. S. Gilbert (as in “Gilbert and Sullivan”) or A. A. Milne. That is the kind I usually write.
My favorite genre to read is historical fiction, but I write a mixture of present-day fi…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa awesome job! 👍
-
Rochellaine started the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi everyone, I’ve known about Kingdom Pen for over a year, but am finally joining the forums.
I’m not very good at introducing myself, but I will just say that I like to write, (which is probably obvious, or I wouldn’t be here?), I like to sing, (which is not obvious yet, but would be if you spent fifteen minutes near me in real life…), and I…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder That’s funny how you like old TV shows! I like those too! Especially 1980s Doctor Who, and the show All Creatures Great and Small (late ’70s-’80s), and other old British things. 🙂 Not to mention Star Trek TOS
A Griffon is like a lion with an eagle’s head and wings, right?
-
Joy and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Awesome! 😃
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 It’s funny that you chose a person in a cave as the subject since I actually wrote a scene with a character in a cave (except it wasn’t at night).
Challenge: Show
Setting: a character in a deep cave at night
I swung my backpack off my shoulder and fumbled for a flashlight. I dug out a notebook, a germ gel bottle, two hairpins that…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 Do the thing and show us. 😀
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic My Writing New Years Resolutions and Goals 2018 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Your book sounds epic. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I do (we’ve had some other collages in this thread that were from movies). 😃
@jessi-rae Thanks! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Heyo Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@skredder Greetings, and welcome to the bestest place in cyberspace!!!
I LOVE YOUR USERNAME! It’s so catchy! Skredder, Skredder, Skredder….
So. You’re a dragon lover! Well, I suppose I might as well introduce you to @dragon-snapper. I know you’ll like her. Oh, and Stan! He’s @sam-kowal‘s dragon 😉 Oh, and there’s Aviur and Kai, @kate-flourno…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Writing New Years Resolutions and Goals 2018 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper these are definitely tough goals, but I’m sure you can do it…….and survive at the same time, lol! I want to get a website up during the spring/summer too.
@itisastarrynight your WIP sounds cool!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight thanks for tagging me! this sounds like a fun challenge, so here goes….
Challenge: Show
Setting: Waltzing in a field of flowers
I’m not sure if I need to do this in first or third person, so let me know if I need to redo this:
The music was tantalizing. But where did it come from? I glanced around the field. I was alone.…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic drawings of Your characters in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
I use Pigma microns, too! They’re my favorite fine liners. @dekreel
Also the first one I did a wash to clean it up, and the second one is a recent watercolor painting I did.
Thanks! -
Joy replied to the topic drawings of Your characters in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight oh NVM…
Those are beautiful!!!!! Wow, are they painted?
-
Joy replied to the topic drawings of Your characters in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight I use pencil to draw them, and then I ink them with Pigma art pens. I love those pens!
You’re writing a graphic novel, right? Can I see your character(s)? 🙂
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic drawings of Your characters in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
A sketch of Arlo and Kirie (yes, she is a mermaid. she is also a supporting character/foil character)
A picture of Arlo and his older (dead tho) sister Janet -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic drawings of Your characters in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@dekreel Cool! I like the person with the animal face. What pens do you like to use?
-
Joy replied to the topic drawings of Your characters in the forum Art 8 years, 9 months ago
@itisastarrynight Fair enough!
Here is a drawing I did of some of the monsters in my Dr Who novella. Some of y’all might recognize this as the profile photo I used to use…. Shaavra is the main antagonist

- Load More
