-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@radically-surrendered Yes! 1950’s style is definitely gorgeous.
Does it ever annoy you that when people think of the 50’s they automatically go, “Poodle skirts, saddle shoes, cat-eye glasses, and ponytails,” without any regard for the fact that that was only ONE of the many styles of the time? Ugh! 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@sam-kowal That was Ginger Rogers, all right. 🙂 Actually, at the beginning of their career Fred Astaire said something like “Ginger couldn’t dance, but she was such a great actress she made you believe she could.” That has to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, considering the fact that his previous dancing partner was his sister who he…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa I have seen a little bit of Wagon Train, My Three Sons, and Leave it to Beaver. I like Ozzie and Harriet, and especially The Donna Reed Show. I have heard of several of the others, but never seen them. I guess now I’ll have to look them up! 🙂 Sea Hunt especially looks interesting.
I just remembered another sit-com I like a lot is L…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@notawriter Thank you! sorry for the delayed introduction
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@kballen That’d be so cool if we could join up at a homeschool event! I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Questions About Modesty in Writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
@gh24682468999 Thank you for this! And it’s okay, I like long posts 😉
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic A Belated Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa my thanks to you and Aberdeen!
I’ve only been on a four-wheeler a couple times and that was with someone else driving. But I really liked it!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 9 months ago
@seekjustice alrighty then! I’m enjoying it so far and I really like Rain’s personality!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@mariposa Maybe I’ll just try an episode or two and see how the fam likes it.
Btw, everybody, I just got a KP shirt!!!!!! ‘Write for the Kingdom’😁❤😁❤
-
Grace H. replied to the topic A Questions About Modesty in Writing in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 I suppose that one of the things you might wanna consider when writing about her change of clothes is that her change of heart and the reason she’s wearing those clothes should be more apparent. Because people who dress immodestly may not wear immodest clothes consistently, but they will do so for certain occasions and for certain…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@graciegirl Hey there! I’m new as well. I’m an INFJ who lives as an MK in Taiwan. I try to be on the Forum when I’m not weighed down by schoolwork…
Anyways, nice to meet you 🙂 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Show Don't Tell Awareness Challenge in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose I still have your post in my email—I could copy and past it in here if you like. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper @seekjustice @audrey-caylin @whoever
I’m back. I think (Uh-huh, yep. I’ve taken over the Corner 😛 )
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 9 months ago
@ingridrd @epicaddie2 @alia @daughteroftheking @seekjustice @whoever
A friend of mine was going to get married last week, but the morning of the wedding the groom called it off. I don’t think they’re engaged anymore. 🙁 Please pray for her and her family. She’s so heartbroken.
-
Joy's profile was updated 8 years, 9 months ago
-
Joy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@kballen I thought you said you were Ravenclaw with a dash of Gryffindor XD
-
Snapper and
Skredder are now friends 8 years, 9 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo posted an update 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Hi! First, I want to thank you for contacting me. Illustrating your book is something I’d like to do, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to manage it. I was hoping I could, but after thinking it over and looking at my schedule for the next several months, I know I wouldn’t be able to devote the time that your book deserves. Between…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@jenwriter17 Mayberry RFD is pretty good—it’s a little more serious and down-to-earth than The Andy Griffith Show. It’s about a widowed farmer and his son. It has some of the original cast like Goober and Emmet and Andy appears occasionally too. Unfortunately, it only ran about 3 seasons and currently only the first season is available on DVD.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic May I say "Hello"? in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 9 months ago
@rochellaine Hmmm….it looks like I don’t know as many old shows as I thought. 😅I have seen Cheyenne though. My recommendations would be:
The Virginian
The Big Valley
The Rifleman
Wagon Train
Checkmate
Hazel
Ozzie and Harriet
My Three Sons
Leave it to Beaver
Sea Hunt
Loner
The Donna Reed Show
The Loretta Young Show
Family Affair
Daniel B…[Read more] - Load More
