-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Hi Bella! Welcome, welcome 😀 Are you in YWW? If so, I’m Adora from YWWC.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel @seekjustice Thank you for your votes, good citizens! 😊
realized i spelled it wrong, so I’m retagging @itisastarrynight
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel *salutes* Glad to be of service, m’lady. I totally know the feeling.
(And I totally know the feeling of “WHY ISN’T THIS STUPID OUTLINE DONE YET?”. My utmost condolences.)
I shall ponder plot-lines and return in due time with my findings.
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal You know, seeing your post just made me realize that I don’t have to write like everyone else, that I can go with my own style and structure. I can’t believe I didn’t realize that until now. *bops forehead* So thank you for saving me!
I am just SO TIRED of over-planning! I just wanna WRITE!
I’ll see what I can do! *nervous…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Hey, don’t feel bad about planning ahead. Just because some of the other KP literature has been extremely random and spontaneous doesn’t mean yours has to be. Let it flow, do what you want, and it will be unique. I, for one, think it would be kinda interesting to see us doing something (semi) rational. Semi-rational for us, at least.…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic A Keeper Adventure in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
A lot of you have been asking how the KPA is going
Well…

So yeah, that’s how it’s going… *gloomy sigh*
Guys, I am SO sorry this is taking forever! I realized from seeing how other people have written Kapeefer literature that I have over-planned mine. Besides, I have a HUGE plot hole (STILL! grrrrr) So I’m going to set down my current…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17Â *scratches chin* *grimaces (these claws, ya know)*
Hmmm…
I like all of them… I’m sort of leaning on #2, the Christian contemporary. It sounds powerful. But I also really like #3 because it just fascinates me how Christianity spreads even in places like that. #4 would make a good short story 🙂
Yeah, #3 🙂
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
(warning: long post ahead. proceed with caution)
Some of you may have commented on my book blurb for book 1 of my trilogy Guardians of Airos. I appreciate your honest opinions very much, because it’s hard for me to step away from my work to see it for what it is, so getting outside input helped tons. But I’m sure if I’m going to write this idea…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Well, I’m really enjoying the read and I just keep going back to it! 😁
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice another update: I found a couple hours spare time and I’m now beginning part 3!😁
-
Joy replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d Oh, yeah, the rank under your name depends on how many times you’ve posted.
Once you have made…
- Your first post, you are a Bumbling Henchman
- 20 posts, you become a Charismatic Rebel
- 50 posts: Wise Jester
- 100 posts: Loyal Sidekick
- 300 posts: Knight in Shining Armor
- 1000 posts: Eccentric Mentor
- 2000 posts: Chosen…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@that_writer_girl_99 I agree with @daeus that the English longbowmen were amazing. This is my favorite description of a demonstration of the use of the longbow.
It is from a book by G. A. Henty called By Right of Conquest (About the conquests of Cortez) and is in the public domain, so I copied it from gutenberg.org to a google document. An Eng…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic I'm New Here in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@bella-d And I’m thrilled you’re thrilled I know who those authors are! 🙂 Do you like Jeanne d’Albret because of reading the Chosen Daughters series? My favorite in that series was Margaret Wilson in Against The Tide.
Have you read any books by Lois Walfrid Johnson, Robert Elmer, or R. M. Ballantyne?
@notawriter and @daeus Thanks! My bra…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Aha, I see 😉
-
Joy replied to the topic Hey Guys…hey…hi…hello in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@mnvalentine You like Les Mis? AWESOME! I like it, too! Although I’m only halfway through the book so far. I’m really enjoying it 😉
@emma-flournoy, I found another Les Mis fan for you! ;-P
-
Snapper replied to the topic HAHA! I DID IT AGAIN! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight *looks in awe of raspberry sunshine*
@inklingforchrist Good question. I honestly don’t know. Every time I start a novel, it’s a big fear of mine that it’s not going to be very long at all. But even if your novels are short, it’s okay. My only suggestion for making books longer is adding in more conflict between characters and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Silver Phoenix in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yep. I’m still lovin’ that GIF. XD
@ethryndal Perfect GIF. 😛 I’m surprised though, you didn’t use Galadriel. 😛 😉
@jenwriter17 The chair melting thing is basically what I do when I’m not happy with something. It’s my forum ‘signature’. 😉
@emma-flournoy Thankee.
-
Snapper replied to the topic What to do with a blog/website ? in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight For me, simple observing has been the best. I’ve actually been observing for a year and half now. O.O Woah… that long, self? Weird.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Be in Our Newsletter!! in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@That_writer_girl_99 I finally just saw this, and realized that you tagged me right from the get-go. For some reason, I didn’t get the notification. *kicks technology*
But This. Is. COOL! If I can ever get any of the tid-bits I’ve learned organized properly, I will definitely return.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Arrows, spears, and other pointy things… in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@Skredder First off, hi! I don’t think we’ve met.
And second, YES, the Persian technique is really cool. I actually forgot about that. (Though I do disagree about only being able to hold a drawn bow for eight seconds. I know a girl who shoots with a standard recurve, and she says she’s able to hold it fully drawn for at least a minute.)
- Load More
