-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
I’ll copy and paste the “requirements” I had written in my original topic:
Since they are for children’s books, they can be simple or detailed, and I don’t really have a preference for black/white or color, except that color would probably sell better. I don’t mind if the illustrations are a little cartoonish, though I like realistic better.…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine started the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I’m still looking for an illustrator for my children’s books. If there’s anyone out there who is interested or who knows someone who might be interested could you let me know?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Futeristic Executions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice This is an interesting question but I am going to take a different approach from everyone else.
You know in the book of Revelation where it talks about those who were beheaded for Christ? These are martyrs from the end times who were beheaded. My mom’s theory is that futuristic executions will be beheadings (is that a word?) b…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight I’m glad you were able to make a decision. I just wanted to let you know I am impressed and humbled by the fact that you spent so much time in prayer and scripture study to determine whether what you were writing was right. It reminds me that I do not do that nearly often enough, but usually write what I think of. So thanks fo…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic PRAYER REQUESTS #2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Thank you! Yes, she is a believer 🙂
-
Snapper and
Hannah are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@mariposa @livgiordano Okay, got it! 😊
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I agree with everyone else here. Three POVs isn’t too many—just make sure you aren’t headhopping between characters. Always insert a scene break before switching POVs. 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 No need to apologize! Long is good, especially when it’s packed with helpful information. Thank you for your input and advice! 🙂 It’s really helping me to formulate my ideas and strategies.
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-maree Cool! I’d probably do a giveaway then, like a chance to win an illustration for their book or perhaps a free portrait of themselves.
I rarely take photos so do you think artwork would suffice in place of that? And perhaps Aberdeen comics?
Thank you so much for your advice, Jane! 🙂
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Actually, my email list subcribing is rather…rare (I only subscribe to 2 right now). I usually prefer to pop into someone’s blog once a week rather than subscribe to an email list. 😜 I don’t even “follow” blogs in the normal sense by clicking the follow button; I just save their blogs to my favorites list and regularly check them. I…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I like the idea of exclusive artwork. I post about 4 pictures per month on my blog, but I could always reduce that to 2 a month and have the other 2 be for my subscribers. I’m planning on writing an ongoing series of short stories featuring the same characters which I might include in my email list also (probably with i…[Read more]
-
Snapper posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Heyo! 😀 I wanted to inform you that I got a blog. 😀 You can find it at silverphoenixwriter.blogspot.com
-
Okay. I’ve been checking for posts, I just haven’t gotten around to commenting yet. Your blog looks good! 😉
-
@Jenwriter17 *facepalm* Riiight. I couldn’t remember if I had tagged you before, so sorry about that.
*headdesk*-
That’s okay! 😉
-
-
-
-
Snapper and
LivGiordano are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder @seekjustice @dekreel Thank you all! I think all three will add interesting angles to the story, but I’m still planning to make sure, and doing more research ’cause I’ve never done more than one POV before (actually, I may have two a long time ago). Does KP have an article about that?
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
🙂
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
I love your drawings, @mariposa. 🙂 Would you give my character sketch a go?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Calling all artists! in the forum Characters 8 years, 8 months ago
Thanks @sage-g!
-
Joy replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I agree with Skredder. Also, when you’re transitioning from one to the other, make it clear who they are and where they are (and who they aren’t and where they aren’t)
-
Joy replied to the topic Testing in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
Okay, so the smile works LOL
- Load More
