-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d I don’t think I’ve listened to Celtic Women. I just have one Irish music CD.
I heard the Newsboys once in the God’s Not Dead movie (seen it?), and I really liked them.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder Haha! Do we realize what being writers does to us? “She’s torn. She has come to care for those she once saw as only nightmares of her past.” We talk in “book blurb” language! 🙂
I found the same thing happening to me when I first started going to law school. After a year, my speech changed drastically, and I started saying strang…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter Cool. What type of person do you think Jana Neader is, though? Is it a hero or heroine, or a sidekick or mentor? I think it could sound kind of forbidding and be a “dark lord” or something, but could also be sweet and sympathetic. 🙂
@dekreel Those are cool names! I like Airow, Dae, and Adric a lot! I was kind of thinking for t…[Read more]
-
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I’ve heard that people distrust emails with photos, but since I’m an artist and a large portion of my future email list would revolve around art, I’m not sure that would work. As you and Jane Maree suggested, I can always play around until I figure out what works for me and my subscribers. 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
…….That was weird……..
TAKE TWO! *claps clapperboard*
Thanks @rochellaine! I might actually use some of those for my novella! (assuming I ever get back to it……)
Anyway, can I drop in some names, too?
Girls (I got these from a book, mostly)
- Airow
- Aine
- Altair
- Ashe
- Vekka
- Cleo
- Dae
- Dove
- Elke
- Fae
- Faune
- Ginger
…
-
ClaireC and
Mariposa Aristeo are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Mariposa Aristeo replied to the topic Email List 101 in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@anne-of-lothlorien I actually thought about doing Aberdeen comics for subscribers, but I hadn’t decided for sure.
Oh, I will definitely let you know when my email list is up and running. 🙂 I’m hoping sometime in March or April.
Thanks for your advice, Anne!!! 🙂
-
Joy replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Yep, @rochellaine is right! Outside of the topic, before Rochellaine posted, it SAID I posted recently, but my post is gone!
Spam?! Hmmm, that makes sense, actually. It’s happened about three times, and all of those times, I remember that the posts were pretty long. This one was long, too.
If it helps, here is another place where it…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily That’s great! Which ones do you like best? I want to know if anyone has the same favorites as I do.
(I actually held back on my favorite of favorites. I am going to try to use it in one of my own stories, because I love it so much.) 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Heh. You tagged me.
Welp, writing short stories is actually really difficult for me. The only thing harder than writing a short story for me is coming up with a character’s name. XD
But I’ll give you what advice I can from the few successful times I’ve written or read short stories.
So, if you do have a big story world, don’t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Would You Read This? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily This does sound like a neat concept! The only thing that doesn’t quite make sense to me is how the seawyrms could have her family crest marked on them? Am I just misunderstanding? Of course, when you go to write this you can definitely explain in better detail. XD
-
Grace H. started the topic Short Story Characteristics in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Hi everyone,
I know that a lot of the advice/articles on this website pertain to writing novels, from which I’ve learned a lot, but I was wondering if there are any principles or characteristics which apply specifically to writing short stories?
At the moment I’m working on a short story for my writing class (due soon) and it’s pretty solid so…[Read more]
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Homework for Video 9: Theme & Story Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 8 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Hm, for some reason I thought I’d posted in here. Both my post in the discussion and here somehow aren’t here anymore 😛
I’m not sure I did this right, but here goes.
Theme: Purpose in life/what to live for
Plot goal: To get back home, back to the way it was (the way she wants)
Thematic goal: To help, doing what she can in the…[Read more]
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella Like what everyone else said, I’d say explain to him story structure in a logical way. Some good ones include Joseph Campbell’s Hero’s Monomyth (ignore the movie outline stuff on the link attached) and Blake Snyder’s fifteen “beats” (again, ignoring the film stuff like opening and closing image).
Hero’s…[Read more]
-
Emily D replied to the topic My Favorite Music. What's Yours? in the forum Music 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hello again! 😛
I love Irish music too! Do you like Celtic Women?
I really like Christian Contemporary and Christian Pop. So, I like a lot of Hillsong and Bethel worship songs. I also like Lauren Daigle, Britt Nicole, Newsboys, and some of The Afters’ songs.
@dekreel I really like some of Hollyn’s stuff as well. And I absolu…[Read more]
-
Emily D posted an update 8 years, 8 months ago
Hello! 🙂 So, have any of you read The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson? @dragon-snapper This is one of your favourites, right? @emily @jenwriter17 @rolena-hatfield @dekreel @mariposa @ingridrd @perfectfifths
-
No, I haven’t. I heave read Treasure Island, by the same author, though, and I quite enjoyed that. 🙂
-
@emily-d Hmmm…I have not read it either but I have read Treasure Island and the Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by him.
-
-
@emily-d AWWWWWWWWWWWW! I love your new profile pic.
And yes. I loooooooooove that book. Everything about it. I’ve actually been thinking I’d read it again soon. Did you just read it?
-
@emily-d Nope, I haven’t read it. What is it about? 🙂
-
No, I haven’t read this. Is it good? What’s it about?
-
@dragon-snapper Thanks! 😉 As for the book: IKR??? We did it for read aloud recently. Totally amazing. We also did The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde for read aloud, and that was really good too. I haven’t read Treasure Island yet.
@perfectfifths @ingridrd @mariposa @jenwriter17 *gasps* You have been…deprived!!!! It’s such an…[Read more]
-
Well, I enjoyed Treasure Island, so it’s likely I’ll enjoy this too. 🙂
-
Lol, you don’t have to tell a synopsis. I can look it up. 😉
-
-
-
I’ve read it. It’s a great book! One of my fave ‘classics’. Is it an old favourite of yours, or something you read more recently?
-
And I just noticed that you mentioned Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which I haven’t read, but know of and a bit about. Would you recommend it? @emily-d
-
@clairec Hi! So you’re a classics fan? So am I!!! I looove classics. Yes, I would recommend Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde. It’s interesting. I remember that I didn’t completely agree with the author’s worldview when we read it. But with the gift of discernment and your antennae up, it’s definitely worth reading! Any comments @ingridrd? 🙂
-
@jenwriter17 🙁 Hmm…how come I never thought of that? Oopsies 😛
-
@clairec Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde was awesome. When it started out, I thought I was going to hate it. I didn’t enjoy the beginning, but the end is so suspenseful and well-written…I won’t give anything away. 🙂 Also, the theme of God’s forgiveness is stunningly evident, something I at least rarely come across in stories today. Definitely…[Read more]
-
@ingridrd 😉 Thanks!
-
-
-
-
-
-
Emily D replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Hi! Whoa, whoa, whoooaaa…did you just mention Chuck Black? He’s one of my favourite authors! Referring to his latest trilogy, do you mean the Wars of the Realm series? They are, like, totally epic. In my top five series 🙂
-
Emily D replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Hello! Sorry I’m late. I’m homeschooled too. What do you like learning about in school? I used to do YWW. Are you an animal person? 🙂
-
Joy started the topic My Posts Disappear When I Try to Edit them! in the forum Questions and Support 8 years, 8 months ago
@rolena-hatfield @daeus @aratrea @………
I don’t know who exactly is in charge of the coding and stuff for the forums, but I have found a few times now that after I post something, when I try to edit it, I click save, and the topic reloads etc… and my entire post is GONE! I can’t get it back, and I have to completely redo it!
Why is th…[Read more]
- Load More
