-
Joy replied to the topic You know you are a writer when… in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
You know you’re a writer AND a fangirl/fanboy when you include names, cameos and/or easter eggs in your stories of things you love
*blinks away heart eyes….*
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano. Hey! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet…which I’m sure everyone has already said. But hey! why not?
Glad to have you here!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@itisastarrynight Okay, thanks! Did you have any thoughts on #6? I posted that one later on.
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Yay! Im so happy you know what to do now! *throws confetti*
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g In your drawing for claire, what materials did you use? Markers or watercolor? I can’t tell, but it looks good. How did you blend it so thoroughly?
-
itisastarrynight started the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
So, in my current project, the MC is highly influenced, and misses, his deceased sister, Janet.
(On a side note: is it natural to do this if hes already accepted it?)
So naturally I want to show you, the reader what things where like back then, their relationships, it is explaining current motives– etc.
My sisters and I dislike flashbacks as it f…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@supermonkey42 YES. I hate it when people act like logic is inherently evil. Well put 🙂
Also, @inkling-for-christ The scene you shared sounds cool 🙂 I would have never thought to make the opening scene start with characters other than the POV. It has an interesting feel to it. -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgordiano I’m so happy this is being addressed. I’ve wondered, too! Also, I’ve got nothing. Maybe.
The more I thought about it the more I began to let it go. But for me it was more about right/wrong than worth. Because I can make a character do good, but without God, s/he is nothing. I know this is a little differant and has a much simpler…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine This thread is AMAZING. Where has it been all my life? Making names is so hard for me. All of these are so cool. If I end up using any, Ill let ya’ll know! Also, all the names people shared were awesome!
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Help: Explaining to Math kids in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@aella Someone may have already said this, but honestly, I wouldn’t try to hard to help him understand at all.
That sounds wrong because you were asked to help, and you can. But writing is a little complicated, especially for someone who doesn’t even hardly care. Is it possible to read what he did and give him advice on what he should change? If n…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 I like 4 and 2 the best. 🙂
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice @rochellaine Thank you for the encouragement!❤Â ❤
I’m happy that it encouraged you! Also, I realize it may be even cooler now with the mermaids out. Less mainstream, right? I just have no idea how long this project will take me to finish seeing as I have no experience(and not to mention illustating it o:) , but the support feels ama…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@dekreel Manga is fine! I love that it’s in color. And the yellow background makes her hair pop so well! Thank you! I’ll be able to share yours soon.
..(when i start.. ha ha..) -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano It’s pretty rough atm, but the general idea ive stuck with is a boy named Arlo want’s to become an astronaut. Instead, he is submerged into an underwater world/city. And in order to save himself, and even those around him, he has to face the conflict tying him and the antagonist together
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@ingridrd I really like Mern. It sounds unusual, and would make a character unique, I think.
@daughteroftheking Driana is really pretty and I LOVE Larik! I hope someone writes a story with someone named Larik just so I can read it and relish in the name. 🙂
@dekreel Um, I’ve never met a Whovian, but my brother is a Trekker…
-
Joy replied to the topic Still Looking for an Illustrator in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g Since SeekJustice commented, I might as well comment, too:
Your sister is AMAZING! WOW! If I ever get around to those illogical children’s books that I started when I was thirteen, I am SO asking her to illustrate them!
-
Joy replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@daughteroftheking @ingridrd I love those names!!!!!
@rochellaine *talking to self* She likes Adric…. SHE LIKES ADRIC!!!!!!!!! Sorry, Adric is a Dr Who character’s name, and you know how we Whovians are……..
-
SleepwalkingMK replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano Hello, Olivia! I’m super late, but hiiiiii! This is Adora I.–Y-dubber and alpha of BNIS 😀 Welcome 🙂 Great to see you on here!
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic How do we define "worth" when there is no actual God figure in the story? in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano I’m gonna be really busy today and tomorrow, but I’ll get that to you as soon as I can.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@emily-d @livgiordano YEEEEEEES! Wars of the Realms is SO AWESOME! I gotta get a t-shirt one of these days……
- Load More
