-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
That makes a lot more sense. 🙂 Thanks, @livgiordano
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
Hey, everyone! Look what I have here! I made up some place names!
Even worse than character names for me are place names, but here are a few I created out of words smashed together and turned inside out.
- Pekarefe
- Keevalon
- Anlone
- Bobrindee
- Roludson
- Kirkery
- Lamatern
- Shalmirax
- Janrewell
- Bestinkeral
- Shestunk
- Telegon
<…
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@livgiordano, My sister’s on Revive, and she really wants to know what Ydub is. I’m on the YWW facebook group, and I really want to know too! Is is another name for YWW? If so, where did it come from???
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Joy and
ClaireC are now friends 8 years, 8 months ago -
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Well, it seems to me that in medieval Norse/viking culture they used a lot of v’s, o’s, and k’s. In England (their main adversary) at the same time, there was a lot of use of the letters “ae” and “th” together, as well as a great many d’s and l’s.
Sorry if this is way to technical. I am very detailed when it comes to h…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Here he is! What do you think?
Cole Avis:

As for your fanfiction, I think it might be okay to post it so long as you credit that it’s based off the Star Wars Universe. 😀 If you still have concerns, I’d ask @aratrea or @daeus about that.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character Name Exchange in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@notawriter I totally agree! Even in the New Testament in the “credits” sections of Paul’s letters there are some unusual names. I mean, everyone’s heard of the name Aquila, but no one uses it because it sounds a little strange for a boy.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrioroftherealm I love making up words! (For instance, the character name topic I started.) How about smogis, longofay, caheloma, or jonjuke? What type of culture is it? That might have bearing on what kind of sounds they use in their language.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus OK.
@Overcomer If you see an Elizabeth Flournoy on your doc then, that’s me, using one of my sisters’ account because I don’t have one. Just so you’re warned, it’s not an intruding bot or anything. 😉 And since it’s technically yours first, if you want I can wait to beta-read it ’til you’ve already done so, ’cause that’d be totally fine. I…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy Medicinal Plant Names? in the forum Fantasy 8 years, 8 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Diary Of Nameless in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus Ahh, I remember that post! It was intriguing. I’d like to do it, unless you’re already too swamped with beta-readers, in which case I’d still want to just read it. ;P
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yes I agree. thanks!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Everyone! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
Aahh! That does sound disappointing. I like Almanzo well enough, but not to replace the Ingalls. :'(
No, we’re not to Nellie’s marriage yet, but I’m pretty sure it’s in this season (which you probably know, which is probably why you asked. ;P). I can certainly imagine it would be funny.
A NEW FAMILY moves into the Ingalls’ house?!…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
I just realized another thing. I don’t like when flashbacks are used as plot devices to dump the reader info. But I enjoy seeing the flashback if I was already told the information. Sure, it seems like a waste of time to show if if ya already know it, but I think it can add a little bit of depth that way. Because the character has a flashback b…[Read more]
-
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Alternatives to flashbacks? in the forum Plotting 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily Showing them in a “murkier” way might definitely help! I didn’t even think about changing the feel of it by taking advantage of the visual medium I’ll be using.
@livgiordano I think it is a good idea to have them shorter.. It would feel more natural 🙂 Love to hear your opinions on it from someone who enjoys it. Also glad that most…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Irrational or Rational? in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@inkling-for-christ I would work on developing the internal conflict before handling any exterior threats or things that happen. *shrugs*
Who is the main antagonist? Why? How does it relate to your MC in a painfully personal way?
After all, a story is just about the protagonist and how he grows to defeat the antagonist. But that can mean more…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Which Idea Should I Tackle Next? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 As others have said, 6 seems a tad bit cliche. But I hear legends of ways to fix it. Do the unexpected! *throws smoke bomb, leaving only a link to a KP article on cliche’s behind*
“Wait.. Why a smoke bomb? After reading the article, I could do better.”
*throws kitten bomb* Much better. Here’s a differant link to a differant KP article…[Read more] -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Character Art Exchange #2 in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g I actually own a few copic caios, though Im not too handy with them(they’re amazing tho) . @notawriter thought you did use some alcohol based markers, but the colors were way too light and blended for my eyes to believe it.
@mariposa The facial anatomy looks amazing! -
itisastarrynight replied to the topic Created in His Image in the forum Mission, Calling & Ethics 8 years, 8 months ago
@rochellaine Yes I’m planning on illustrating it once the writing is finished. I couldn’t do it atm as I still have so much to learn before tackling it, but I thought it better to start with the writing of the story before mastering my art skills. I actually approached this project because I wanted to do something with my art. It’s like the…[Read more]
- Load More
